How often did you bathe your one month old baby??

When I asked, my parents said at least a quick rinse every day :)

To be honest at one month I only bathed him once or twice a week he hated it and I was so tired. He had sticky eyes do his face was washed lots with cool boiled water so he was never dirty anyway. Now at 8 weeks he likes it and has one each evening

every other day or daily if he's had an explosion lol! xxx

A couple of times a week if I remember right, but washed her bum every time she did a poo

I bathe my lo every day, I wouldnt do it if he didnt enjoy it, we dont use a baby bath but lo takes it in turns to be in the bath with me and my OH

About once a week. Twice a week now she is 7 months. I haven't found she has needed anymore.

Once every other day! I tried to get him into a routine :D

about twice a week as she has dry skin. I was told at my ante natal classes they don't actually need bathing any more often than once a week at this age as there isn't really anything they get dirty from, so just to top and tail on the days you don't bath them.

I bathe LO in the tub or sink about twice a week. About every other day I take a little bowl of warm water, soak a washcloth with the water then squirt a bunch of baby oil on it, and wipe him down. I pat him dry then. He has eczema and his seems to help tremendously! It helps keep those chubby little neck rolls from getting red too. :haha:

I wash his face & bottom & hands (since they are always in his mouth!) once or twice a day too with just warm water.

I bath my LO in the tub every other night. He gets a quick sponge bath on the other nights. If he has a really messy diaper or a really bad spit-up I might bath him during the day.

I figure that he must feel icky since all he does is lie around all day. I know if I did that, I would feel gross. I think the bath relaxes him and makes him feel cozy :)

I think the bathing is ok daily if you feel like he enjoys it or is relaxed by it but the soaking and soaps can be drying and harsh, even baby soaps. You have to see what works for your LO and his skin. If he is sweaty or has oily skin or is just a messy baby! Do those who bathe daily use soaps everytime?

I bath both of mine every day but im a bit ocd about it to have to admit. My mom only did us once a week x

A couple of times a week (all the days are running into each other now to be honest so I'm not completely sure :wacko:) and also if he does a very explosive poo that is just everywhere I do a quick lower body rinse in the sink for just a minute. They don't need to be bathed everyday unless perhaps if you've made it part of a calming nighttime routine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->