How often do you change your LO?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Mervs Mum, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Mervs Mum

Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

I just wondered how often everyone changes their LO.....

Obviously as soon as she poo's I change her and when she wakes in the morning. Sometimes she doesnt need changing but I think 'it's been a while, I'll change her.....'

I saw a toddler - only about 12 months old - when we were on holiday at Easter, and as it played on the beach, it's nappy fell off it was THAT heavy with wee.....I thought that was a bit shocking or am I being a div??

:D

2. missjacey44

missjacey44 Jacey & Baby Tye

Yeah i agree that is shocking i would never leave the nappy to get that wet thats its so heavy! I change around every 3hours or sooner if i feel it needs doing and of corse as soon as he poo's !

3. AppleBlossom

AppleBlossom Guest

Lol when I saw the title of this thread a voice in my head said "Nver, I tend to keep to the same one"

I change her in the morning, when she poos and a couple of other times. I once forgot I hadn't changed her nappy in a few hours and took her clothes off for her to crawl around and her nappy was dragging on the floor :blush: i felt really bad!

4. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

i send ffion and rhys to nursery with 3 nappies each (for 5 hours) and they all get used which is fantastic i then change ffion twice before bathtime (roughly around 5 hours but she naps for 2.5 hours of that time) and rhys doesnt have nappies on in the afternoon because he uses the toilet. ffions next nappy is uaully the one she goes to bed in and shes in that one from 7pm until she wakes up at 6am because she doesnt wake up for a feed any more... but its not hanging of her when she wakes up otherwise i would get up in the night and change her obviously! and rhys has a nappy on from 7pm through the night aswell but he is dry all night and goes to the toilet if he needs to go.

5. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

sorry for the essay!

6. Brockie

Brockie Well-Known Member

i change him every 3 hours in the day just before i feed him xx Fred only has 1 or 2 poos a week so we save on nappies! xx

7. Mervs Mum

:rofl:@Tezzy.....thanks for the detail!!! I did ask though!! x

8. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

Well if we're out I don't tend to do it as often as when we're at home x

9. taperjeangirl

taperjeangirl Well-Known Member

OOOOOoooo Dunno! :shrug:!

About every couple of hours I suppose, obv first thing in the morning and when she poo's but just randomly through the day! Sometimes she doesn't need changed (no pee in nappy at all!) but i still do it, it's become habit I think xxx

10. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

its because we have such a rigid routine!! :rofl:

11. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

4-5 times a day... 6-7max...

12. Mervs Mum

I think we all sound to do the same thing......except Bexy who's too 'drunk' to notice poor Gracie carrying a brick round in her knickers....:lol:

13. embojet

embojet Molly and Ethan's Mummy

I change her roughly every 4 hours, and when she has pooed.

14. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

before people start feeling really bad coz i change ffion loads... its because she has really sensitive skin and if her nappy is wet and she is crawling/walking around it rubs against her skin and her skin comes off :shock: so i make a real effort to change it as soon as its wet! :blush:

15. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Jack's been pretty good so far about letting us know when his nappy needs changing, so he rarely goes more than a couple of hours in the same nappy, and when he does, it's always because he's asleep and doesn't notice/care.

16. alice&bump

alice&bump mummy to katie

katie lets us know the minute she wees! she hates sitting in it, so its as often as she wees realy. i do it first thing in the morning, then normally after every bottle and before bed i think. and she does really loud poos so we know the minute she does them!

17. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

i suppose i change maddi every 2hours or so and of course as soon as she poo's! which is far to much of late :lol:

18. taperjeangirl

taperjeangirl Well-Known Member

Awww thats really good, will make potty training alot easier for you!

19. Fossey

Fossey Mummy to Larissa

I tend to change at feeding time., When I know she has had a poo, and I feel it every so often to check its not really wet.

20. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

Probably 6 times a day. He tends to poo a lot in the morning, so goes through a couple of nappies really quickly. In the afternoon I tend to change after 3 hours if he hasn't pood.
    He has stay dries at night, so goes from 7 - 7 in it, but he doesn't poo and I change it the second I lift him out of his cot.