How often do you do OV test?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by proud_mum, Jun 5, 2011.

1. proud_mum

proud_mum WTT for baby number 2 :)

Hi all,
    I was just wondering how often you all test for ovulation if at all? I have been using OV tests only once a day testing my first urine of the day around the time I have been due to ov and have only been getting a very faint line for a positive result. My periods have been a 30 day cycle but my Af has come 5 days early and now I have no idea when I should test now! Should I just presume I'm on a 25 day cycle now or stick to 30 day cycle and just so I don't miss OV should I test twice a day?? Anyone else had the same happen to them. Any advice you can give me would really be appreciated, I really don't want to miss my OV. Thanks ladies :D

2. ferens06

ferens06 Well-Known Member

Hello hun, you're not really supposed to use your first morning urine. Have a look here https://www.peeonastick.com/opks.html

Also, OPKs don't work like a pregnancy test, they are only positive if the test line is as dark as the control line or darker.

i've also read that some women who have got preg never saw a positive opk, I think it can be that just some ladies have a short surge and they miss it. Hope this helps hun xx

3. ferens06

ferens06 Well-Known Member

Ps. It's better to test around the middle of the day- about 5 because the hormone that is detected by your ov test builds up throughout the day x

4. charbaby

charbaby pregnant with baby no.4

I Always Get The Best Results Around 2-3pm x