• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How Often do you get Braxton Hicks/Tightening feelings?

Tsia

My MyloMan - he turned 1!
Reaction score
I have to ask this cos now I am 22 weeks I am feeling these more and more. Not just when I orgasm.. lol... but throughout the day.
Like yesterday I was getting them every half hour! and they made me stop what I was doing each time til they subsided.
Maybe it was cos yesterday was an active day.. I cleaned out the shed and went to the dump with stuff in my car.. do you think being this active will bring them on?
Cos for a moment I could have been convinced that I was going into premature labour they were so frequent.

But all the time.. baby was kicking away.. so I thought all was well and carried on about my day. I didnt strain myself and was taking my time etc.

Today my tightness contracting of the uterus feeling/Braxton Hicks have been less often.. only probably felt about 6 times today. Yesterday was like 36 times!
Is this normal?
How often do you feel them??

Hi, i had braxton hicks last friday. They came on and off for about 45 minutes. Not particularly painful they did hurt and made me stop what i was doing, really uncomfortable. I do find though that when i stand up my bump also goes really tight and uncomfortable. Thats happened quite a few times.

I've only ever had one on its own other than orgasm ones (lol) ... I don't think I was even particularly active! I don't know much about them though, so I'm not much help there :winkwink:

Shadow x

theyre becoming more frequent.. dunno if this is normal. May mention it to MW next time I see her.

im not sure wether ive had them or not uknow, i wud defo mention to mw if u think ur getting them to often tho....just 2 be on the safe side hun xx and calm down a bit !!! sorting all the shed out ! tut tut tut :hugs:

At the risk of sounding stupid...what are the? Yesterday i had what felt like period pains on and off for a few hours, is this it? Sorry for having to ask! xxx

I haven't experienced BH apart from after ML, if I was you I would call my MW and slow down a bit, Im sure its perfectly fine though, take care :hugs: XX

At the risk of sounding stupid...what are the? Yesterday i had what felt like period pains on and off for a few hours, is this it? Sorry for having to ask! xxx

They just feel like a band tightening round your whole bump, they should be painless at the moment, it is a really strange feeling!

Not felt that as far as i can remember (i get that many pains, niggle and feelings that i could well have but just don't know it!). Wasn't overly painful pains yesterday, i put it down to growing pains, felt just like average period pains. I get a wierd feeling accross m bump sometimes but i though it was baby turning over or something? Thanks Golcarlilly! x x x

It could be baby moving but might be BH, I get loads of different pains too!!!

Do you get them when you orgasm? or just after.. sorry tmi.. lol

I think they feel weird too. Yes I am slowing down.. I wasnt really doing much though.. and going really slowly anyways.
When the BH do come I can really feel where baby is lying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"