How often do your LO's wear things?

Discussion in 'Teenage Parenting' started by pansylove, Jan 31, 2011.

1. pansylove

pansylove Guest

Ariella is getting through SO many clothes, I feel like I'm constantly doing washing.
    She wears a short sleeved grow under all her clothes and under her PJs, she'll wear 2 of those a day (a fresh one with her PJs after her bath) and then a fresh one again in the morning when I get her dressed.
    Unless she poops or sicks on one in which case she'll wear more than two a day.
    And she always dribbles on the neck of her PJs so she wears a fresh sleep suit every night.
    GAH. And her bibs I feel like I need about 50, she ruins one at every feed and it needs washing again!

How often do your LOs wear the same thing? Are you all getting through as much as me?

2. x__amour

x__amour Mommy.

Hmm, let's see. Tori gets a bath about every other day and gets her outfit changed then. So about 1 outfit every day, 2 when she gets a bath. Oh and of course is she leaks she gets a new outfit. She'll have a onsie under her sleeper. I almost never put her in "real" clothes, just pajamas, lol.

3. lily123

lily123 Mammy <3

^^ We're exactly the same as this.
    Esmee has a LOT of clothes, more than me and OH put together probably :haha: we do 3 'Esmee washes' a week!
    xxx

4. Mellie1988

Mellie1988 Mummy Of 2, Number 3 Due

Yeah in the first few months we went through a hell of alot of clothes from spit ups, leaky nappies, dribbling etc....Theo was the worst, could easily change him 3/4 times a day sometimes!

Now, we have new vest and pjs after bath, or if they don't have a bath that night, will put a clean one on in the morning, pretty much clean clothes everyday, sometimes can get away with wearing jeans/skirts twice if nothing got spilt on them! Theo has clean pjs every night because his nappy can leak sometimes or he will dribble in his sleep still/spill breakfast on them...Grace has new pjs on every other night

x

5. vinteenage

vinteenage Well-Known Member

Finn gets a short sleeved onesie under "real" clothes. He gets real clothes on every morning. He gets a bath every evening and is put on a sleeper.

So one outfit a day, one sleeper a day, one onesie a day, unless he gets sick or leaks on something. I do his wash two times a week.

6. amygwen

amygwen Mom to Kenny & Gwendoline

I usually put 'real' clothes on Kenneth everyday because he goes out to FOB's house and to his grandma's, so I like him all cutesy. But if we have a day off together, I'd keep him in comfy PJ's all day! He usually has two outfits a day, one for when he goes out, than I immediately bathe him and change him into comfy clothes until the next day! He usually has a onesie on with a pair of pants or something like that!

7. EffyKat

EffyKat Mammy 2 a gorgeous prince

We are the same with Adam. :)

8. Sarah10

Sarah10 Guest

He has about 2 outfits on a day, and 1 pair of pyjamas, up until a few weeks ago he went through about 6 outfit changes a day and 3pyjama changes, reflux anybody? Ahhh!
    Oh and about 10bibs a day x

9. lucy_x

lucy_x Mummy To Two Stunners

Before weaning only one set a day (providing her nappy didnt explode :lol:)
    No that we are BLW she can get through up to 3 sets a day depending on what shes eating :thumbup:

10. MrsEngland

MrsEngland Guest

We get through a stupid amount of clothes. She wears vests under all her outfits and i change that in the morning and after her bath at night but she usually throws up on the first one in a morning before i get chance to get her dressed so i have to change it again.

Then during the night she usually ends up soaking her sleepsuit and baby sleeping bag so most nights we change both of those at least once and during the day we usually have to change her outfit at least once.
    So all in all its a hell of a lot of clothes in one day!

11. wishuwerehere

wishuwerehere dh, me and 2dds

Depends on how much control we let her have over her dinner...
    She particularly likes putting things in her lap atm!

12. annawrigley

annawrigley Guest

When he was your LOs age, the same as you said :thumbup: And a bib for every bottle. I have over 30 bibs :dohh:
    Now, I only change his clothes if they're dirty/wet. Call me gross but I do a full load of washing every other day so don't see the need to create unnecessary work for myself :p If his clothes are dry and clean I'll put them on him the next day. And I use the same bib until it gets gross as well x

13. pansylove

pansylove Guest

im so glad im not the only one going through a mad amount of clothes!
    so some of you said you dont put a grow under their sleepsuits.. do the poppers not irritate their tummys? i think i may be being over cautious with that one.. but it is also for warmth cus the heating isnt on at night.. hmm

14. leoniebabey

leoniebabey mam of 2 boys

He has a clean outfit on every day so clean vest and outfit and clean socks (he has smelly feet for a little boy), i can sometimes get away with jeans/dark things twice depending.
    after his bath he has clean vest and sleepsuit/p'js
    so 2 changes per day normally but some days's he goes through loads of clothes with being a sicky baby (not so much now but from time to time) and im always washing bibs!

i do at least 1 load every day! and theres only us 2 !
    but its cos i get annoyed when it all builds up and funny with washes it has to be darks, whites and 'colours'

15. vinteenage

vinteenage Well-Known Member

Nope, he's never seemed bothered by the sleepers. We keep the heat on at night though, I can't imagine sleeping without it! Poor peanut would be an icecube!

16. annawrigley

annawrigley Guest

Noah wears one mainly for warmth, but also in case he poos in the night it makes it slightly less disastrous :blush: And kinda keeps it all together rather than being smeared over the sheets, blanket etc.
    In the summer if its like mild he'll just wear a sleepsuit/pjs with no vest, if its blazing hot like it was last year he'll wear just a vest or even just a nappy. God it was so hot last year...
    *Have to seize the photo opportunity :haha:*
    xx

Attached Files:

17. AriannasMama

AriannasMama Guest

I probably have all of you beat, lol. Arianna spits up, A LOT, so we go though 3-4 bibs a day and 2-3 outfits + her sleeper at night time, lol.