how often does your 8 month old nurse?

maisiemoo

Reaction score
Within a 24 hour period, olivia could feed up to 10/12 times. She still feeds throughout the night and is on 3 good sized, well balanced meals per day. Should she be feeding this much?

I dont think there is a set amount they should feed,some babies the same age might be a lot less but my son feeds a lot too.As long as its not a problem for you and she is not having breast instead of solids then thats fine.

TBH, even if she were having breast instead of solids, at 8m, that's still not an issue. Babies can survive off nothing but breastmilk for two years! Like PP has said, if it's not a problem for you, go with it. My 15m old is going through a spat of separation anxiety at the mo and it feels like she hasn't stopped nursing all day!

Alex still feeds a lot, but sometimes just for a quick drink rather than a full feed. He is also on 3 meals a day. He likes a big drink first thing in the morning, then mid morning, after lunch and mid afternoon and then he feeds to sleep. Generally he feeds 3-4 times in the night as well. I'm happy to follow his lead. Sounds normal to me :hugs:

Every baby is different. DS feeds about 10-12 times per day still, plus eats 1 meal a day around dinner time. He's not 8mos yet, but will be in 2.5wks. Your baby's main nutrition should be the breast milk til he's a year and the solids shouldn't be interfering with that.

Lucas has 3 feeds a day - 730, 3 and bedtime. He has 3 meals a day and sleeps 7 - 7.

Xx

Thank you for your replies. It is nice to know that other babies feed just as often at the same age. I have been advised to cut the night time feeds, but think i'll allow lo determine what she wants and how often.

LO is 8 months in 2 weeks, but she nurses about 20 times a day and feeds every hour at night.

Why were you advised to cut out night feeds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"