How often does your FF baby poop?

bubblychick

Mum of G & M
Reaction score
He has C&G first milk and he's been fine with it but recently his BMs have been slowing down he's had 2 dirty nappies in 4 days and seemed constipated I had to help him poo 2 days ago and he managed to go by himself this morning but it was all chunky is this normal DD was formula fed and was always fine but I suppose each baby is different

Not sure whats exactly normal and whats not but my FF 9 week old goes once a day (sometimes maybe once in 36 hours) and its greenish (sorry TMI!) Apparently the consistency should be similar to peanut butter and yellow, green, brown or tan colour is ok. Any harder can be a sign of constipation. It is normal though to go a few days between BM too. Hey looks like I knew more about it than I thought! If you do think he is constipated I would just have him checked out.

You could try offering one or two feeds a day using ready made cartons rather than powder. The liquid is easier to digest and has a light laxative effect, so produces less firm poo. xx

You could try offering one or two feeds a day using ready made cartons rather than powder. The liquid is easier to digest and has a light laxative effect, so produces less firm poo. xx

:thumbup: I've done this it does work. You can use the concentrate kind though also (it's cheaper than ready made).

My lo poops usually once a day. There is a day here and there when she won't go, but then she gets really gassy and seems uncomfortable and doesn't sleep as well and when she does go it blows out the diaper :p It's never firm though.

When Logan was newborn he'd only poo once a week.
After a few weeks he started to go once every 3-4 days. He doesnt seem constipated though...
My sisters little girl poo's once a day.
They're both on Cow&gate formula :thumbup:

I'm currently weaning from breast to formula and my LO now only goes once in 24 hours. Before she'd poop 2/3 time a day sometimes! I've noticed the poop is turning greenish rather than the bright seedy yellow it was from breastmilk. I was worried she was constipated but if this is normal for FF babies then I will relax.

My lo suffers from constipation frequently, and since she's started solids it's a lot worse. Sometimes the ready made formula will help her go, other times I have to give her prune juice, or apple juice, or pear juice mixed with water, which usually helps her go by the next day. At the worst times I have to use glycerin suppositories to help her go (my dr recommended them for emergencies) the dr did say that it's not "constipation" if the are not in pain or struggling, it's ok for FF babies to go several days wihout pooping but if he's straining, screaming or crying you may want to try the juice to see if it helps.

He used to go after/ before every feed. Now it's about 3/4 times a day x

He has C&G first milk and he's been fine with it but recently his BMs have been slowing down he's had 2 dirty nappies in 4 days and seemed constipated I had to help him poo 2 days ago and he managed to go by himself this morning but it was all chunky is this normal DD was formula fed and was always fine but I suppose each baby is different
Mine goes usually 2 times a day, one large and one smaller. When he was younger though he did get constipated from the formula and it was like pebbly if that makes sense. So the doctor told me to give him a bit of sugar water. It cleared everything up and I got him off the formula that caused it. If he seems constipated I would talk to the doctor about it.

My son would only go once every 4 or 5 days but he never seemed uncomfy so I guess that was just him. My daughter goes 2-3 times a day. They were/are both fed with Aptamil one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->