How often does your LO cry??

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by bluebell, Oct 27, 2008.

1. bluebell

bluebell Proud Mummy :)

Jay seems to cry a lot (especially from late afternoon onwards) and not just grizzling but full blown screaming :hissy:

I don't get it?? I change his nappies regularly, feed him on demand (he's being bf), burp him and comfort him (rock him, talk / coo at him). We have a really mellow household and listen to calmng music etc...

I'd say that on average 70% of the time Jay is awake he will be crying which probably adds up to between 3 - 5 hrs per day :( He won't go down on his own (or in his bouncer) without crying unless he's asleep.

Because he is my first and I don't have any close friends with LO's Jay's age I have no idea if this is normal or do we have a cry baby or are we doing something wrong??

How much does your LO cry?? Has anyone got any tips for a more contented baby??

xx

2. fairywings

fairywings mum to Amy and Angel Ryan

I would ask your health visitor, but it sounds to me like it could be colic, as that causes several hours of crying with no reason. I would ask her if she thinks it could be this. Hope that helps. x

3. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

It could be colic. I know that around that age Hannah would get tired in the evenings and would cry, for no reason really other than that she was tired. Happened every evening for several weeks, and than one day just stopped.

4. leeanne

leeanne Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2

Poor little guy. Definitely sounds like colic. Hope it passes soon!

5. 1st_baby

1st_baby Guest

Sounds like colic ask your HV when you have a chance poor lil bub I hope he feels better soon :)

6. nikky0907

nikky0907 Well-Known Member

Does sound like colic...but could be just a fussy day or upset tummy?
    Talk to your health visitor. :hugs:

7. sglascoe

sglascoe Mum of 4, Soon 5

poor thing, i hope he feels better soon, i deffo agree with the other colic..

8. MoonMuffin

MoonMuffin Mom of 2!

9. Jemima

Jemima Mother of One

Aw bluebell, I feel for you. Me and my hubby were just discussing this. It feels like our little girl is always crying too at the moment. She just seems so sensitive and you only have to move her, pick her up, talk in the wrong tone and she cries. I don't think she has colic though as it's not a "painful" crying, more like a moaning.

I hope your little man settles down. I have heard that it can take 6 weeks or so for them to recover from the trauma of the birth and get used to being in the outside world, makes sense I suppose. My HV suggested Colief for colic if that's what yours turns out to be. x

10. bluebell

Thanks everyone :hug:

I've done a bit of reading today and I think Jay is possibly overtired :shrug: and that's what's causing the crying bouts and me having difficulty trying to settle him. I'm going to try and get him to sleep a bit more over the next few days and see if that helps, and if not then I'll have to speak to the HV about him possibly having colic??

For the first time in a while he's actually gone to sleep already tonight which is a good start :D

xx

11. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

That's what Hannah's problem was, she was over-tired and until we figured it out it was hell in the evenings! It does get better though I promise :hugs:

12. bluebell

Thanks hun :hug: I'm not sure about it being colic either as most of the time Jay cries he doesn't seem to be in pain (although he does sometimes have trapped wind and cries about that)

I really hope it settles down soon and am hoping to get him established in a bit more of a routine so he sleeps more during the day, it's worth a try :) I'm not sure if he is overtired as he hasn't been sleeping as much as I think a newborn should :shrug:

Hope your LO settles soon too :hug:

xx

13. bluebell

Thanks hun :hugs: I really hope it gets better, it's been a difficult few weeks!!

I just want him to be happy :)

xx