how often should my newborn poop?

Hollys_Twinny

Reaction score
Hey girls just a quickie..!

My lil man aint had a poop in over 24 hours now..He dont seem 2 be in any pain or discomfort..! just dont want 2 leave it until it does get 2 that stage..!! Im wondering how often does ur Lo's go? hes a week 2day..! any answers would be greatly appreciated :) x

Ru breast feeding or bottle feeding hun? I was BF and my LO used to do a poo at least 3-4 times a day. I know they say bottle fed babys dont boo as much though...xx

If ur breastfeeding, it's very variable to how often they go. Some can go a couple of days whereas others will have something there at every nappy change. Not sure about bottle fed though at that age. x

Some days my LO does about 6 or 7 poos and others she does none at all!! I wouldn't worry at the mo, I know this maybe tmi but if she is passing wind (from the bottom) then I would just leave things to happen naturally!!! x

I am Bottle Feeding hun and my likle girl poo'ed 1-2 times a day at that ages... but sometimes missed but didnt worry as long as she went in 48 hours.... she pooes once a day now... x

I wouldnt worry yet, leave it another day and then assess it again, are you feeding any plain boiled water aswell as milk, this always seemed to help my little ones keep regular

I'm bottlefeeding and Lola-Rose pooped around twice a day approximatly.

Although she did have a very upset tummy at around 2 weeks and she was constipated,also hadn't done it for about 24 hours.As long as it's not longer than 40 hours it's fine :)

Thanx girls...just thought Id update..! after gettin myself into a bit of a mess I phoned NHS DIRECT and they was lovely they said....aslong as he wasnt in anpain then it was fine but if he still hasnt gone by monday morning to visit the gp..! Within 15 minutes of gettin off the fone after a gd back rub off his nanny he pooped everywhere lol..!

glad everything is ok now honey :hugs: i too was worried about maddi pooing when she was newborn, took her too the doctors and he assured me anything up to once a week is normal, got home and maddi then pooed up her back, right up to her elbows, and in her belly button :dohh: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->