• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How often should we really BD during my fertile week?

HisKhaleesi

Reaction score
This is a lot of mixed answers to this question. This week is my fertile week starting tommorow. Im temping and using OPKs to track my ovulation. The past two months I OV on CD 14, I believe. Im hoping to confirm that this month. So how often should we BD this week?? Im thinking last month we only did it 1x three days before OV, so I think we missed it. If we BD 3 days before and the day of, is that too much? Will it reduce the quality of his sperm? DH is very healthy and active and has no known health issues.

My gyno told me that if you can, every day will never hurt (if there are no sperm count issues, which in our case, there aren't). This cycle we BD'd every other day until we got a positive OPK, and then every day for 5 days. It was definitely a lot for both of us, but we wanted to have our best shot this cycle. We'll find out how we did in about a week and a half. FX'd for you, I hope you get your :bfp:!

I've read the same thing that joyfulinhope's doc said - more frequent actually increases the chances and, unless there are known sperm issues, you don't have to worry about decreased quality. That said, I think the odds only go up slightly from daily than every-other-day odds. But I would say at least every other day!

P.S. I also have read that the highest chance of conceiving is day before and two days before ovulation. 3 days before is possible but not as likely, and the day of the same.

Actually I've read alot of studies that say it doesn't make a difference at all weather you BD everyday or every other day. Some people feel they are missing chances every other day, so if that is your feeling and you feel more stressed doing it every other day then do it everyday. Me and my hubby do it every other day until a positive opk and then everyday. We have tried it everyday many of times on this TTC journey, but seeing as my opk is not yet predictable (I'm on Clomid) We start at day 9 and sometimes go to day 21 before a positive pops up. Which is a little much for us going every day =P
So everyday, every other day the result is the same. Do whichever makes you feel the best.

I think every other day is fine. DH and I will BD every other day until I'm about to O. We're doing it the 2 days before and the day of O just to be safe :)

I've read there's a 33% chance of getting pregnant when you BD every other day and a 37% chance if you BD every day - so it doesn't massively increase the odds. I think only BD once 3 days before OV is probably missing the chance. We're going for every other day throughout my fertile week.

My OBGYN advised us every other day, he thought every day was decreasing the sperm.

Everyday if you can. Studies now show that even with low sperm count everyday is actually better because count etc start to decrease after one day of abstinence. If no known issues, then it doesn't matter too much, but if there are issues every day is better than every other. It can be hard for the guy obviously, but if he is willing and able, do it as much as you can, and AM swimmers are better. I've also read that even though sperm can live for a few days, the longer they are there the less likely they are to penetrate the egg. It can also take multiple sperm to penetrate the egg even though only 1 finishes it and fertilized it. So more is def better!!

I think I messed up my dates! Pretty sure I just got a positive OPK today, now...the line is as dark as the control but not darker...so I think its going to happen earlier this month.. Probably in the next day or two, also noticing the drive go up and an increase in CM, but no egg white stretchy yet.so we are getting on this tonight!! lol We will try every day while I have a positive OPK this cycle see what happens...Im also temping and I havent had a spike yet...doesnt the spike happen after you ov?

Yes typically day after but it can take a couple days in some cases! Good luck!!!

I read 'The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant' and the author advised every other day between CD7-21 which is what we followed but there were several days in my most fertile time we BD'd every day.

This is a lot of mixed answers to this question. This week is my fertile week starting tommorow. Im temping and using OPKs to track my ovulation. The past two months I OV on CD 14, I believe. Im hoping to confirm that this month. So how often should we BD this week?? Im thinking last month we only did it 1x three days before OV, so I think we missed it. If we BD 3 days before and the day of, is that too much? Will it reduce the quality of his sperm? DH is very healthy and active and has no known health issues.

Provided both of you are healthy. You and DH should BD everyday during your fertile week. The only thing that will reduce his count or anything is going more than 2 days in between (so I've been told). Good luck and baby dust to us all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"