How often to DTD during fertile time??

Anu123

Reaction score
Hi ladies!! So it's that time of the month again DTD hahaha.. I was curious as to how often we should umm do it (pardon me being so blunt)? Per fertility friend, today starts my fertile time 11/5-11/12. We have decided to maximize our chances so I got pressed and doing cheapie opk. No positives yet. Per FF in the past I have ovulated at different days cd15 cd18 and last month cd16.. So not sure how often to bd and until when. Thanks for your input...

I don't understand opks and charts etc but round the time I ovulate we dtd every 2 days. Long enough for sperm to live but not too often that it doesn't get lazy lol xx

I asked my doctor this same question. She recommended using OPKs and when I know I'm in my fertile period to bd every day. She said research is changing from every other day to every day while your fertile and every other before/after. That's what we are trying this month!! : ) hope this helps! Good luck!

I've read everywhere that every other day is the perfect amount of time. :)

Thats long enough between to help his sperm accumulate but short enough that not too many die off while waiting around. :p From what I understand its not really good to do it every day or multiple times a day, or atleast it doesnt help any.

Also, you probably already know this, but sperm can live anywhere from 3-5 days, sometimes even longer! (or shorter) So, DTD every other day should ensure that there will be plenty waiting around for that egg to release!

Have fun! ;)

Omg I dont think I can handle everyday lol

We decided to do every other day and the based on last few months of ovulation.. We will try everyday from sat-mon. I really hope it works this time. Thanks ladies

We will be doing it every day starting tomo prob until Monday. Since af finished we have been doing it every other day. Nothing is getting past me this month!!

I've heard every other day- like Bee Bee said, it has positives on both sides of the process. We've agreed to do it every other day, DH is happy haha!!

I was just reading about this. It said in healthy men to have sex everyday. If a man has problems with his count then to limit it to every other day. In all 3 of my pregnancies we dtd everyday 6 days before o day.

My only concern with that is we don't know if there are any issues with the sperm count as we can't be seen till we try for a year...sigh

I will be doing everyday from today till Monday since I am CD13 and no surge on opk yet.

My only concern with that is we don't know if there are any issues with the sperm count as we can't be seen till we try for a year...sigh

It will happen when you least expect it. Just get to :sex: for the nest 5 days or so :)

Doctor told me just a few weeks ago that we should DTD every day during my fertile time. I'm even having to track it haha. She wants to see it to make sure we did it right :haha::haha: She said every day but no more than once a day since he needs time to "replenish" otherwise, he will shoot blanks. So we are going to go 24 hours between BDing haha!

So we have been DTD everyday since Thursday hahah ouch

We're trying for every other day too - or every day if we could but don't want to make it a chore! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->