how oftern are you seeing your MW's

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Mize1982, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Mize1982

Mize1982 Mya-My gift from God!

I was just wondering how oftern you are seeing your MW's?

People i know who live near me have been seeing their MW's every week from 36 weeks, but i however seem to be seeing mine less.

I saw my mw at 35 weeks then again today at 38 (not my usual mw as she was on holiday) and then i wont see her again till my due date at 40weeks.

Is this normal?

Its just concerning me a little (not a lot) as when i saw her at 35 weeks she said Mya was at the brim, well i know Mya has moved down, my bump has completely dropped since then and it feels like i have a football between my legs when i walk, BUT today the cover mw said oh she's def down BUT has written she is at the brim again.

I thought at the brim ment at the top of the pelvis and not engaged at all.

2. Mrsahmed

Mrsahmed Well-Known Member

I meet mine every 2 weeks...I dont know what brim means tho...

3. Bee70

Bee70 Well-Known Member

I've just started seeing my mw fortnightly.
    brim probably means 1/5 engaged, but if a dif midwive, maybe she does it the other way round, so 4/5?

4. NuKe

NuKe mummy to 2 gorgeous girls

i was told every 4 weeks until 30 weeks, then every 2 weeks until you hit 36 weeks, and after that its every week.

5. baybee123

baybee123 Pregnant - 3rd Trimester

i see mine every 2 week now then every week from 38 weeks.. bt will be difficult with christmas and the new year so will have to see. My midwife mentioned at my last appointment (34 weeks) that she thought he was at the brim and just starting to engage so assume like you at the brim is like you say... sorry not much help
    xxx

6. Boomerslady

Boomerslady Well-Known Member

I saw mine every 2 weeks, last app was at 38+5 and I was worried as due to Xmas she's not back until I would be 41+3!! which isn't helpful!

I'm actually being induced on Sun now due to my BP but if that wasn't happening she said I'd have to go to a drop in session at my hospital (they run them every Saturday).

Not sure about the brim comment though....I wouldn't worry too much as I've read lots of people say they can wait right until labour until they engage!

7. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

Hrmm... I thought at my 25 week appointment the midwife said starting at 28 weeks I'd be switching from monthly to bimonthly and I have a vague recollection that at my first appointment she mentioned switching to weekly some point closer to my due date.

8. bekkie

bekkie Mommy Due Sept 20

saw my OB yesterday, then will see her at 36 weeks and then every week after that until he's born

9. MrsQ

MrsQ Mummy to Mikey and bump

i see mine very week but its cos i am high risk
    xx

10. sweetie_c

sweetie_c Well-Known Member

I see mine either every 2 weeks or 3 weeks. My next appointment is tomorrow and my last was 2 weeks ago.

11. Emma1980

Emma1980 Mummy to Finley

theyre all different, mine is 2 weekly from 36 weeks x

12. EmmanBump

EmmanBump Guest

i see mine every two weeks, when i was 32 weeks i didnt see her for nearly 5 weeks! but last time i saw her i was 38 weeks, and i see her 2moro on my due date, and then i dnt see her til im 41+3! xx

13. Floralaura

Floralaura Well-Known Member

I have seen mine every 2 weeks from 28 weeks and from todays visit it will now be every week , im also high risk though.

14. ellie27

ellie27 Well-Known Member

Mine was every 6 wks at begining til 30wks then 34, 36, 38 - I think thats enough for me anyway - I have had no concerns/problems during the pregnancy.

Remember if you do really want to see her - just phone and make an appointment!

15. Squidge

Squidge Mummy & WTT <3

I've had my 38wk appt today and was hoping she'd say i'd see you next week but nope, she's booked me an appt for when i'll be 40+2 :shock: I said i hope i don't end up seeing you :rofl:

16. Becyboo__x

Becyboo__x Well-Known Member

I saw mine today and im nearly 35 weeks and im not seeing her again til im nearly 38 weeks.. because of christmas and new year lol .. but i think thats last time shes seeing me cause ill be due 2 weeks after that lol but she might come the week after im unsure .. and brim means babys head is at the top of your pelvis only know cause midwife was telling me today cause mines 3/5ths engaged it should say in your notes aswell on a page where it explains what things mean :) x

17. WTTMommy

WTTMommy Mama to Rach

Mine is every 2 wks now and then should be weekly after 36 wks.

18. loopy_lou

loopy_lou Well-Known Member

i am seeing my every 2 weeks from 2 weeks ago as my previous MW left. I dont think they get 2 involved till 20 - 22 weeks...

19. Sekhmet

Sekhmet First-time mum

I only see mine every 4 weeks (which started at 28 wks - before that it was 6 wks). So 28, 32, 36. Then I see my GP at 38, and MW again at 40.

20. blackrose

blackrose Well-Known Member

I see my GP every fortnight and MW every other fortnight until 34 weeks then MW weekly .