• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How old/big was ur lo when they first went into a cot?

Clo

mum 2 an angel boy, and 2 rainbow boys
Reaction score
My DS is 5 weeks old and has been sleeping in a Moses basket on a rocking stand by my bed. The thing is, he is over 11lbs now and really long and although he still has room in the moses basket, when he moves at night it really rocks the moses basket and I am worried that as he starts to move more its going to be a problem.

I'm wondering whether its worth buying a non-rocking stand or whether he is just going to completely grow out of his Moses basket in a few weeks anyway and to just bring his cot into our room and put him in that?

How old/heavy was ur lo when u first put them in a cot? Xx

I'm not sure what my LO weighs but she's 13 weeks now and in a moses basket placed in her cot, she needs to be going in the cot pretty soon but it worries me what with all the cot rules for SIDS :blush:

My LO was put into his cot at 6 weeks old. He slept miles better too :)

Daniel never really slept in his moses basket, slept with me as he just wouldn't sleep. He went into his cot once we had bought it at 2 months I think? I can't remember exactly. He still doesn't sleep in there ll night but we'll get there! lol Sorry I can't remember how much he weighed then but he's a big boy! x

all 3 of mine were in the cot by about 4 weeks i would bite the bullet and put him in the cot, you are going to have to do it eventually. my advice is to roll up a couple of blankets and put one either side of LO to make them feel more secure as going from a nice cosy moses to a big open cot can be a bit strange for them. if you have the cot use it dont waste your money on another stand that you probably wont use for long. hope this helps and good luck lol

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttf7fc7.aspx

I put my daughter in her crib at about 5-6 weeks, and she slept better once we did that. We would keep each other up somewhat! LOL

we have a non rocking stand, and LO is stil in it. She weighs over 16lbs and is over 28inches long. She doesnt really have any room to stretch or anything, and she looks HUGE in it! But she will probably ge another couple of weeks. Then we will move her to th cot

my daughter is 8 weeks and has just gone into her cot. she was 11lb and rocked her basket as well, her head would always be at the top of the basket in the morning. she loves her cot and sleeps well in it.

I put Jacob in his cot quite early around 5/6 weeks as he hated his moses basket! He now sleeps 7pm-7am in his cot, he loves it!!

Louie sleeps in a crib in the front room during the day and is then in a cot at night time.
Its been like this since the day we got out of hospital, he is 17 days now

He has always slept in both his basket and cot. We got him used to both from the beginning.

George is now 5 weeks and has been in his cot for a few days now. It is a cot bed actually and is in our room (taking up most of it!). I am really glad we made the move as he is also a very long and big baby and he was not comfortable at all in the moses basket, his hands were constantly hitting the sides and he just seemed cramped in it pretty much from day one. If you can fit the cot in your room then I would say go for it sooner rather than later, your LO will probably sleep much better.

My LO went into her cotbed at 4 weeks.....she hated her moses basket and has settled much better in her cot :)

I have this dilema too, although we have a fixed stand. LO is getting big and I'm happy to move him into the cot except it won't fit in our bedroom :( And I hate to admit itbut I'm so scared of not having him next to me anymore. :cry: I'm sure he will sleep fine and be happy but I still worry. If anything I'll probably sleep better as once I've got used to it I'll be able to get off to sleep without worrying about him!

Straight away. So I guess 3 days old. Thats when we were released from hospital.:thumbup:

Since he was 3 days old on our first night at home from hospital. He slept in the Moses basket in the living room during the day and the cot at night until he was 11 weeks or so. Now he's in the cot for any naps any time.

It's a bedside cot, though, so it's more like an extension of our mattress. Works for us :)

My LO slept in her cot from about 4 weeks. She slept much better too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"