• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How old is to old?

Hi ladies!

I am currently pregnant with my second child. My daughter is 24. I am 45.

It took a 1 1/2 yrs to conceive this baby. I honestly didn’t think it would happen but I am due May 2020.

Amazing hon congratulations.
I wud like to hold out until I'm 42 to start trying but I'm scared to incase it dont happen. So we will be trying when im 41.

It's amazing that ure pregnant at 45 and just goes to show that it can happen.

The biggest family in the UK is the Ratcliff family. Sue Radcliffe is 44 years old and is expected baby number 22:shock: she will be 45 when she gives birth. She gave birth to her last baby at age 44 in November and said that one wud be her last but I just new she wud have another hahaha.
I bet she has another one after this one as well lol
I think she will carry on having kids until she physically cant anymore. Fair play to her but that many kids must be crazy hahaha.
None of them are twins either there all singletons. It amazes me.

How far along are you? So exciting.

If I were independently wealthy I'd have tried for a second child (gave birth to my Ds when I was 41) Age was only relevant in the number of additional commitments i had then, and now, compared to younger mums, and quite honestly looking around me my energy levels were double in comparison. I'm 50 now and wouldn't think twice about another if I didn't have to work along with all the other things I need to juggle!! I know people go on about your life expectancy and leaving a child without a parent, but as someone who is now raising my sisters children after she suddenly became ill a died at a young age I am very aware that this is a very simplistic view.

Amazing hon congratulations.
I wud like to hold out until I'm 42 to start trying but I'm scared to incase it dont happen. So we will be trying when im 41.

It's amazing that ure pregnant at 45 and just goes to show that it can happen.

The biggest family in the UK is the Ratcliff family. Sue Radcliffe is 44 years old and is expected baby number 22:shock: she will be 45 when she gives birth. She gave birth to her last baby at age 44 in November and said that one wud be her last but I just new she wud have another hahaha.
I bet she has another one after this one as well lol
I think she will carry on having kids until she physically cant anymore. Fair play to her but that many kids must be crazy hahaha.
None of them are twins either there all singletons. It amazes me.

How far along are you? So exciting.

It is very exciting. I’m actually 12 weeks this week. I go for my Nuchal scan on Friday.

If I were independently wealthy I'd have tried for a second child (gave birth to my Ds when I was 41) Age was only relevant in the number of additional commitments i had then, and now, compared to younger mums, and quite honestly looking around me my energy levels were double in comparison. I'm 50 now and wouldn't think twice about another if I didn't have to work along with all the other things I need to juggle!! I know people go on about your life expectancy and leaving a child without a parent, but as someone who is now raising my sisters children after she suddenly became ill a died at a young age I am very aware that this is a very simplistic view.

I'm so sorry to hear about ure sister sweety :hug:

agreed, the age is only a number

I like that<3

It is very exciting. I’m actually 12 weeks this week. I go for my Nuchal scan on Friday.

That's amazing hon huge congratulations to you. I'm 40 now and I really dont feel to bad about it after reading all thses comments.
How ure scan goes really well hon.
I'm thinking of holding off now untill may 2021. Was gonna start around march 2021 but thinking of leaving it a little longer. If I conceive in may June 2021 then baby will be due jan feb 2022 I will be 42. Just gonna see how I feel nearer the time.
Feels like such a long way off yet but I know it will fly by.
Making the most of my wee baby boy b4 we start trying but it wud be lovely for him to have a sibling about 2 years apar . That's such a nice age gap.
Hubby was on about us trying this summer coming but I'm definitely not ready just yet.

Congratulations again hon

Ok so seems a bit crazy writing this as my newborn son is only a week and half old.

He was going to be our last baby due to my age (I will be the big 4 0 in December:-()

But I wud really love just one more.
It's a long way off yet but me and hubby have been talking about trying for just one more baby when Tommy is about 17 18 months old.
Thinking of starting to ttc around February 2021. I will be 41 years old and if it happens baby wud be due when I'm either still 41 or 42. Is that to old? Am I being selfish?

People say they just know when there done and I dont feel done yet. I think it wud be lovely for my son as well to have a sibling close in age to play with.

I have spoken to the midwifes at the hospital and they said they have alot of womon in there 40s having babies.

Theres just such a huge stigma on mums having babies past a certain age. I think its terrible.

I feel more calmer and relaxed now being a new mum at 39 than I did with my first at age 23. As weird as that sounds.

I just dont understand why older mums get so judged.

Good luck to all of you ttc right now. Sending u lots of baby dust.
Please dont let anyone discourage you and ridicule you for being older.
This world is so judgemental:(

ok, so guess what?? You’re good to go! I was 42 when my son was born . I’m 44 and believe it or not I’m considering!! NTNP but just Bd yesterday and by best guess ovulated yesterday too so ‍♀️What will be- will be! I’m excited for you! And congrats on your beautiful bundle!

My OH and I have been trying for #2 since beginning of this year . I'm going to be 38 tomorrow and just found out I'm pregnant been getting positive hpts past few days af due Sunday. We have a almost teenager and know it's crazy to have another child/baby being older then most an to be having a new baby. But in my opinion I think your never to old as long as you and hubby both say yes, then go for it. Long as your happy, healthy and stable money wise and are up to raising a new baby or 2 I see no problem being older. A lot of my friends are older than me and they are just having their babies way later in life.

I LOVE your outlook! I’m 44 and get loads of discouragement from friends but I agree- if you were healthy and both of you are happy with the idea then go for it.

I find it irritating when 'friends' feel the way they feel about reproduction should be the way I feel. I have a few friends who never managed to have children despite wanting to, every one of them still crossed their fingers and hoped right up until their last periods in their early 50s.

Ok so seems a bit crazy writing this as my newborn son is only a week and half old.

He was going to be our last baby due to my age (I will be the big 4 0 in December:-()

But I wud really love just one more.
It's a long way off yet but me and hubby have been talking about trying for just one more baby when Tommy is about 17 18 months old.
Thinking of starting to ttc around February 2021. I will be 41 years old and if it happens baby wud be due when I'm either still 41 or 42. Is that to old? Am I being selfish?

People say they just know when there done and I dont feel done yet. I think it wud be lovely for my son as well to have a sibling close in age to play with.

I have spoken to the midwifes at the hospital and they said they have alot of womon in there 40s having babies.

Theres just such a huge stigma on mums having babies past a certain age. I think its terrible.

I feel more calmer and relaxed now being a new mum at 39 than I did with my first at age 23. As weird as that sounds.

I just dont understand why older mums get so judged.

Good luck to all of you ttc right now. Sending u lots of baby dust.
Please dont let anyone discourage you and ridicule you for being older.
This world is so judgemental:(

Id say go for it! You are NOT too old! And what a blessing it would be if you could give your child a sibling!

I am am 38 in June and will be TTC baby #4.

All the best hun! Enjoy your newborn and congrats!

Hi ladies
Thank you for all the replies
We are definitely going to be ttc next year. In coming of the pill in December.
:)

I LOVE your outlook! I’m 44 and get loads of discouragement from friends but I agree- if you were healthy and both of you are happy with the idea then go for it.

Totally agree hon<3

amasing news, I keep fingers crossed for a positive outcome x

Thank you sweety. We are not trying untill next year but will keep u all posted. I keep changing my mind on when to officially try. I was thinking of bringing it forward and start trying in december but I think I'm going to stuck to the original plan and strat in March/April. Mite bring it forward a month and start next feb . I'm just going to decide nearer the time.
Google keeps freaking me out with the statistics. App only a 20% chance to conceive at 40. I'll be 41:sad2:

You will know when your "done" and that is only your decision to make I had my last no. 13 when I was 44 he was an accident lol,I got sterilised when I had him as I just knew and my doc said I would probably fall again if I didn't haha,I know it was the right time for me as I dont regret it,also 4 months after he was born I had a ruptured brain aneurysm and ended up in a coma and was given only a 10% survival rate and even then only a 40% chance if I sur8of not having brain damage ,well I got of lightly with hydrocephalus and had to have a shunt placed,so I'm very lucky I was expected be in rehab for weeks if not months ,well I was in a coma for 1 week hospital for 2 more then got sent home,the nurses reckon my recovery was so good because I was focused on my kids so for me I'm gonna say my kids saved me so I say you go for it and do what you want to do ,lifes too short.x

You will know when your "done" and that is only your decision to make I had my last no. 13 when I was 44 he was an accident lol,I got sterilised when I had him as I just knew and my doc said I would probably fall again if I didn't haha,I know it was the right time for me as I dont regret it,also 4 months after he was born I had a ruptured brain aneurysm and ended up in a coma and was given only a 10% survival rate and even then only a 40% chance if I sur8of not having brain damage ,well I got of lightly with hydrocephalus and had to have a shunt placed,so I'm very lucky I was expected be in rehab for weeks if not months ,well I was in a coma for 1 week hospital for 2 more then got sent home,the nurses reckon my recovery was so good because I was focused on my kids so for me I'm gonna say my kids saved me so I say you go for it and do what you want to do ,lifes too short.x

Oh wow. Ure a living miracle hon. I'm so glad ure ok. How scary.
Wow 13 that's amazing. If I fall pregnant it will be my 6th.
We have just been sorting all our house out and changing some rooms around and now we have the room for another baby so I feel really eager now.
We are still holding out untill next year to try. Prob in Feb/March 2021. I'm praying it happens. I'm having some issues with the mini pill. I keep having 2 periods a month so I'm thinking of coming off it a bit sooner than first planned. We wont officially try untill this time next year but if a whoops happened I wud he happy.
Thank you so much for sharing ure amazing story. Ure inspreational and such a trooper. Someone was definitely looking down on you.
<3:hug:

Thank you sweety. We are not trying untill next year but will keep u all posted. I keep changing my mind on when to officially try. I was thinking of bringing it forward and start trying in december but I think I'm going to stuck to the original plan and strat in March/April. Mite bring it forward a month and start next feb . I'm just going to decide nearer the time.
Google keeps freaking me out with the statistics. App only a 20% chance to conceive at 40. I'll be 41:sad2:
But Google might not see the correlation of additional procedures such as mesotherapy to ovaries or acupuncture and higher chances of getting pregnant at the advanced age. :)

But Google might not see the correlation of additional procedures such as mesotherapy to ovaries or acupuncture and higher chances of getting pregnant at the advanced age. :)

That's true. Hon

I noticed I havent posted on here for ages. We have started trying. Decided to just go for it because me being 40 and hubby 45.
This is our 3rd month trying now.
We did get pregnant but sadly it was chemical pregnancy in may. Was so upset but it is what it is.
My cycle after that was messed up and so short just 23 days. But I'm a new cycle now and I'm 2dpo and CD16. Had my peak OPK on day 13.
Last cycle I O supper early on day 8. The chemical totally messed with that cycle.
But were back to norm this cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"