How old is too old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjm09

kcm12
Reaction score
I know when I was younger, (in my teens) and my mom started having kids again at 31 and 32, I thought it was crazy and that she was too old! LOL!

I had my son at 27. Now we decided to try for our next and last as I will be turning 30 in Jan. For me, I think 30 just at that limit to be having kids!

Now i'm not trying to start anything, please don't feel like that. I'm not saying anything is wrong with ttc after 35. These are just my feelings.

I was wondering what others feelings on the matter are. When you were younger, did you ever think a certain age is too old to have kids, and now that you're ttc is it any different? Are there some that think they are too old but figure it's the only chance to ever have kids?

A friend of mine is only 16, and she is due in July, and just found out her 33yr old mom is pregnant. It's just got me thinking and i'd like to see what everyone else thinks. Obviously I think it's a little crazy that my friends is even pregnant at 16, let alone her mom!

No offense, but it seems a bit trollish to me to be posing that question in a TTC over 35 group, when you yourself think 30 is your limit.

But I do think that 33 is too young to be a grandma :) I don't think you are ever too old, as long as mother nature agrees, and you have a healthy lifestyle. I'm definitely not saying that older women should not use technology to help them get pregnant. Many younger women need it as well. But there are obviously extremes. Such as women in their 60s that use donor eggs to get pregnant and then orphan their child 3 years later...

Well, I'm currently 29, but my mom had my sister at 35 and me at 37. She wasn't planning for kids at that point, but she wasn't doing anything to prevent them either. Both of us were born completely healthy and neither of her pregnancies had any complications. Both births were vaginal; no c-sections needed. I think that's a pretty clear indication that she wasn't too old.

For what it's worth, she was also a great mom. ;)

I cant believe you have posted this in the over 35 section! even with your little disclaimer
Now i'm not trying to start anything, please don't feel like that. I'm not saying anything is wrong with ttc after 35. These are just my feelings.
it is so rude and we dont care if those are your feelings!

I will tell you with no doubt that 30 and above is NOT too old to be having kids, and I think that is a ridiculous statement to make in this section. I am 38 and feel the same as I did 10 years ago, what do you think magically happens at 30, that you need glasses and a walking stick??? my husband is 29 and I feel no different to him but in your eyes I am ancient.

When you were younger, did you ever think a certain age is too old to have kids, and now that you're ttc is it any different? Are there some that think they are too old but figure it's the only chance to ever have kids?
why do you need to know the answers to these questions? how does that help your life in any way? who cares what people thought when they were younger, everyone seems old when you are younger.

at least I know at my OLD age Im smart enough not to post something like this :dohh: so that means I will probably make a better parent too :kiss:

I wish there was a "stink eye" smiley........

I got nothing else to say, I'm too annoyed :grr:

It was just a question, not meant to get anyone riled up. It's just something new to me i guess with this friend, and was just wondering others perspectives on this. Not trolling, and it really doesn't have anything to do with my life personally, but i am really close to this friend. I guess it's hard on her.

It was just a question, not meant to get anyone riled up. It's just something new to me i guess with this friend, and was just wondering others perspectives on this. Not trolling, and it really doesn't have anything to do with my life personally, but i am really close to this friend. I guess it's hard on her.

16 is obviously not the ideal age to be having a baby as she might miss out on education and other life experiences, but if she has the support Im sure it will be fine.

I dont understand why her mum being pregnant at 33 is an issue? unless she doesnt have the means to support her current kids and the new baby.

16 is obviously not the ideal age to be having a baby as she might miss out on education and other life experiences, but if she has the support Im sure it will be fine.

I dont understand why her mum being pregnant at 33 is an issue? unless she doesnt have the means to support her current kids and the new baby.

I can see where it may sound trollish talking about someone else. She has support from her mom for her baby, they're happy and excited. Her mom will be supporting her financially, and her own baby too. She still has plans to continue school, it's just seems like an awkward situation is all, not so much an issue. Just got us thinking,that's all. And she's also worried she wont have the attention from her mom with the new baby, I think she's really worried about that, I keep trying to reassure her that it might bring them closer together.

I can see where it may sound trollish talking about someone else. She has support from her mom for her baby, they're happy and excited. Her mom will be supporting her financially, and her own baby too. She still has plans to continue school, it's just seems like an awkward situation is all, not so much an issue. Just got us thinking,that's all. And she's also worried she wont have the attention from her mom with the new baby, I think she's really worried about that, I keep trying to reassure her that it might bring them closer together.

its not trollish to talk about someone else, its the fact that you came on asking how old is too old, saying 30 is the max for you etc...but now you are focusing on the 16 year old and her situation :shrug:

I'm new and I didn't want to say how I felt before, but OMG...what nerve! To post something about being too old after 30 in a forum for women over 35 TTC, many struggling with fertility, is beyond ridiculous. You are entitled to your opinion, but what you're doing is adding insult to injury. This would have been better posted in the regular TTC forum.

20!
I think 20 is too old to have a baby.

I firmly believe that if you are not a teenager, you're too old.

I also believe that if you are in a stable, long term committed relationship, you should not have a baby!

Furthermore, if you have an education and are financially stable, it's completely irresponsible to even consider getting pregnant. You should seriously consider getting permanently sterilized because you clearly have nothing to contribute to the next generation.

WTH, I am horrified! I'd say more, but it's time for my diaper change, lol...why on earth would this thread get posted here?

You have a right, just like the rest of us, to ask your questions freely and hopefully find the answers you seek- the key is to post them on the right board. If 30 is your cutoff for having children, that is fine and I certainly respect your decision, but why, oh why, would you ask a 35+ TTC group how we felt about motherhood after 30?

Damn, I think my other hip just snapped!

20!
I think 20 is too old to have a baby.

I firmly believe that if you are not a teenager, you're too old.

I also believe that if you are in a stable, long term committed relationship, you should not have a baby!

Furthermore, if you have an education and are financially stable, it's completely irresponsible to even consider getting pregnant. You should seriously consider getting permanently sterilized because you clearly have nothing to contribute to the next generation.

:rofl: :haha: :rofl: :haha:
:rofl: :haha: :rofl: :haha:

WTH, I am horrified! I'd say more, but it's time for my diaper change, lol...why on earth would this thread get posted here?

You have a right, just like the rest of us, to ask your questions freely and hopefully find the answers you seek- the key is to post them on the right board. If 30 is your cutoff for having children, that is fine and I certainly respect your decision, but why, oh why, would you ask a 35+ TTC group how we felt about motherhood after 30?

Damn, I think my other hip just snapped!

:rofl: :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back