How old was your LO when they recognised their name?

I think from about 5 months when she had learnt to sit up, we'd crawl behind her etc and say her name and she'd always look for us xx

Finley has started responding to it now at 5 months, but not always.

George seemed to respond to his name pretty early, certainly by five months. With my daughter it was Mich later, I remember worrying at almost 12 months that she didn't consistently respond to her name. She's fine now though and chats away and responds brilliantly.

Callie has recognised her name for a couple of weeks now, it's well cute, she'll be playing and we call her name and she looks up! She knows Callie more than Calista though.

about 5 months he started looking up from his toys/turning around when you said his name

Still waiting too.

He does respond to Piglet and Munchkin though :rofl:

About 5 months, she definitely recognises it now xx

Still waiting too.

:haha: Thanks guys!

I'm think my LO has soooo many nicknames that she'll never know what her actual name is! Must start using it more often... :blush: She's 5 months, so panic just yet :)

Still waiting too.

:haha: Thanks guys!

I'm think my LO has soooo many nicknames that she'll never know what her actual name is! Must start using it more often... :blush: She's 5 months, so panic just yet :)

Haha yeah you might want to cause believe me, then can get to age 2 without knowing! Mine is starting to prove it!

Poor kid, doesn't know his name, only knows a jumbled mess of mixed French/English/Franglais, who knows how he'll end :( :rofl:

started at about 5 months but never all the time but at 7 months he looks every time :thumbup:

I would say within the last week she has been clearly recognising her name and picking it out of a conversation about her by looking over.

I don't think Thomas knows his name yet... it must just be coincidence that he looks at me when I say it :lol: he's 14 weeks.

Around 5 months to consistantly recognise it, but first started paying attention to it around 3-4 months.

My LO started at about 5 months. Although to test if he really knows his name I got my sister to call him by another name to see if he responds and he does!

doesn't consistently recognize it yet, looks up if we say it loudly and has been for a while but definitely not everytime

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->