How old was your lo when they started walking? And did they ever have a walker?

Elliott took his first proper steps at 11 and a half months. He never had a walker as we don't have the room. He did have a push along vtech toy though.

My son had a walker and walked at 10/11mths...My daughter didnt really use one and walked at 15mths x

Omar had a walker, he used it for a short period from 7.5 to 9.5 months. He outgrew as he have long legs. He took few steps unaided 1 week before his birthday, then after 3 weeks he was running around the house.

Dylan had a push along walker which he used from 6 months but he was too small for it (see pic). He started walking on his own at 10 month and 4 days.

Attachments

• Dylan.jpg
    Dylan.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 2
All mine have had one! I think they are fab!

The older 4 were walking around 13 months and the younger 4 (Jenson hasnt started yet!) walked at 10 months even the premmies x

G walked by 14 months. But she did have a walker and it gave her the bad habit of walking on her tiptoes which she still does sometimes. It was handy though, as a single mum, for when I needed both hands to cook/clean

Yeah, to be fair I put Ruby in a bumbo whenever I needed to cook, that could have been just as responsible for her not learning to walk until 17.5 months...

Laila was 1 on 14th December and took her first steps on boxing day.. she's walking quite abit now but still crawls most of the time! She had a walker but wasn't interested xx

My son had one and he started walking at 10 months old. Jessica has got one too but shes far too young to start walking yet! Although she is on the move in it now :flower:

DD took her first steps before her 1st birthday, started walking properly everywhere at 13 months....
DS took his first steps a few weeks after 1st birthday and was walking properly within that week aswell, so just before 13 months!

DD never had a walker, she had a jumperoo? and DS used to go in a walker at childminders, but it was like 2/3 hours a week if that!

x

My eldest walked at 9+ months. We did have a walker for him but he hardly used it. Prefered to hold onto the sofa and walk around the room. It'll be interesting to see how long it'll take the twins.

Nathan didnt have 1 and he walked at 14 months.Aimee did and she walked at 13 months.Owen hasnt used his much just as a place to sit while im busy but he has been pulling up onto furniture and leaving hold of it for a while now and im sure he will be walking a lot sooner.

waow, great mix of responses, thanks ladies! it does seem like walkers don't have any effect?

Damien has a walker but only goes in it for a max of about 10 mins a day as he is a lot more interested in crawling. He's only had it since just before christmas so was probably a bit of a wasted buy!
As it happens, LO is nowhere near walking yet, he is a complete klutz hehe! I will be amazed if he starts walking before his 1st birthday! But i don't think thats from having a walker, i personally believe that they might hinder walking if you put your baby for very long periods of time but i dont see how short bursts here and there could do any harm (although obviously i have no clue really as i havent researched or anything!)

1 year, 1 week and 1 day was how old she was when she started walking :)

She has a walker but it was more a toy/entertainer than a walking aid xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->