How old?

Sovereign

Reaction score
I'm tempted to leave LO in his own room now. I sleep on a single bed in his room and he sleeps in the corner in his cot. He's only 3 months old though and I know the recommended age to go in their own room is 6 months. Is he too young? And how old were your LO's when they went in their own rooms? Thanks x

I put Dec in his own room at 4 months, but from 2 months he went to bed alone in my room at 7pm and OH and I didnt go to bed until later.

Savannah was about 3 months when i put her in her own room. I just left our door open and hers open a little bit (our doors are opposite each other)

Mine went into their own room at 10 weeks. Go with your gut insinct though. If it feels right, do it.

Jasmine was in her own room since a week old :D

I moved Benn in to his cot in his own room when he was 10 weeks he was a really noisy sleeper. Ellie is still in with me though i just like her there with me and she still fits in her moses basket.

Brookes just gone into her own room this last week or so :)

maddi was 6months when she went into her own room, but i say go with how you feel, i would say leave the door open and maybe use a monitor and you're be fine x

Harry has been in his own room since he was about 2 weeks old. He was a really noisy sleeper, and I think that we were keeping each other awake. He sleeps much better in his nursery, and we don't feel as though we have to creep around so much.

We put him in there in his moses basket at first, but then put him in his cot. I'd read about people struggling to make the transition, so decided to do it as soon as possible so that Harry didn't really know any different. He's still swaddled though, and won't stay asleep if his arms are free which is a bit of a pain because occasionally he wriggles free in his sleep and then wakes himself up by smacking himself in his face!

my little girl went into her own room at around a year old, before that she was in a cot in our room. she was in with us for so long as she has had an apnoea monitor since birth

Elyse and I have to share a room due to space constraints lol but I know that my mom had us in our own rooms from birth, it was only a few steps across the hall, but still.. always in our own rooms.

Lochlan has been in his own room now for just over a month, and is sleeping much better for it. We have been doing major rennovations to our house and if his room had been ready earlier then he would most probably gone into it when he was around 3 months when he outgrew his crib.

Chloe was a week short of 6 months. she would have been fine earlier, but I couldnt let her go!

Annabelle went in her own room at 8 weeks only because she hated the moses basket and i dont have room for a cot in my room. it was the best thing i did as from the first night we did it she slept through and we havent looked back since.

go with what you feel hun, good luck with whatever you decide

Lou
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel