How on EARTH can I work 4 more wks???

Brz04

Reaction score
I've just started feeling well and truly miserable the past few days at work...by the end of the day I feel like my pelvis is going to break in half, my feet are huge sore and barely fit into my shoes and I'm hobbling around like an old lady :/ I keep asking myself how in the world am I going to do this for another month??? And I work with kids so I have to act very cheery and have lots of patience every minute of every day...it's getting very difficult when I feel so awful I just want to cry by the end of every day!! Anyone else having trouble working?

I have the opposite problem. I'm off and I'm bored out of my mind , my sons is school and there's only so much cleaning you can do in a day

With my first , I went into labour Friday and spent my early labour at school and work . I've never not worked but I have very little problems with pregnancy discomfort

Have you asked about modified duties?

I'm guessing you're in the states and can't go out early?

If it's pelvic pain you're having, get a support belt. I was signed off work last week (and my leave started today anyway) due to pelvic pain, but yesterday, the physio at the hospital made me a support brace and it's worked wonders. I have a hard time knowing when I'm in pain (I tend to feel pain as fatigue) and I've noticed that since I got the brace, I have a lot more energy. If I'd done it before, I probably wouldn't have had to be signed off work at the end. If you have 4 weeks left in work, it's definitely worth the investment.

Ask your doctor for a note recommending amended duties. I ended up moved up to work with the older children to try and save my back and hips from pain but in the end it wasn't enough and I ended up signed off entirely. But it is worth going to the doctors and getting a referral for physio. If you push through you will make it worse.

I know exactly how you feel. I work with adults with learning disabilities so have to be on my feet and active a lot of time at work. I run a lot of sessions on my own and so I can't even take a wee break now and then. I've just called in sick to work today because I was so knackered and uncomfortable last night from work that the hubby said I wasn't to go in today. I'm just counting down the days to go!

Ahh tht sounds terrible! Sun is my last night and i dont know how i hav lasted, been counting down and the last 4weeks have flew thank goodness! Im now using two weeks annual leave and then my maternity kicks in so il b due back on the 24th july!! If i was feeling terrible or uncomfortable i would speak to my employer and if tht fails my gp.

I am the same and a nurse I come home from work and feel as if I will never walk again lol. I also have 4 weeks left to work!

I'm the same need to do 2 more weeks then I finish at half term. Being in a school is so difficult I'm exhausted all the time and I'm having trouble walking now. Can't wait for maternity leave to start but financially I can't afford to finish sooner.

I am struggling. I work in a school too, with little ones, and have obstetric cholestasis and currently have to take 22 tablets a day and go to hospital to be monitored twice weekly but still am working full time and have a 3 year old and a 1 year old at home too. I am absolutely exhausted and feel like each day is an uphill struggle at the moment. I will be induced at 38 weeks so only have a week to go thank goodness. I couldn't afford to start my maternity leave any earlier :(.

Is there any place you can swim? Frequent swimming and stretching in the water is the ONLY reason I was able to make it to 37 weeks. When I'd miss more than a few days my hips and back would get extremely tense and painful and I'd start getting sciatica, whereas when I could get in the water it kept me completely pain-free.

I was still getting tired and cranky towards the end, but I could probably have even kept going a little longer if I hadn't already given notice and made plans to stop.

Right around 2:30/3pm my back pain kicks in due to my office chair. I try to walk around when I can but the only real relief is laying down. Of course this is something you can't do at work. So I suffer and have a countdown til leave begins, which sadly isn't until the week after Thanksgiving. (I'm in the US too):nope:

I have 4wks of work left too. I decided to work that long tho. I'm doing ok at work, somedays if I don't get to sit down at work I suffer for it at night. My pelvis pain has gotten slightly better this week, only taken over by achey painful hips instead. Some evenings I feel like I hav old lady hips can hardly walk. I enjoy working (im a veterinary nurse) an seriously don't want to b home twidling my thumbs till baby arrives, I might as well get paid as long as I can. (plus my replacement starts in a Week or so I can slow down a bit more at work).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->