How pregnant am I??

bbymc

Reaction score
Heres my story...

Ive just found out i'm pregnant. This is my forth pregnancy. We werent trying to conceive but had planned to start soon.

I had a period in september and we dtd once, unprotected in October, which was at the beginning of my fertile time. I went on to have what I would class as a normal period at the end of October so I reasoned that I wasn't pregnant.

After that period ended we had one night of fun. But no actual sex and no opportunity for sperm to make me pregnant that i'm aware of. It may have been just in my fertile time. But im not sure.

I got period pains really bad right when I expected my next period. Didnt think much of it as Im still breastfeeding my daughter. Woke up last saturday feeling really sick (period about a week late by then) so tested and got a strong positive (and a 3+weeks prediction on a clearblue).

So, in short, I had one time of unprotected sex but then a period. Then one time of sexual contact, unlikely to have resulted in sperm getting where it needs to go ( no sex) and then no period and a BFP.

So, how pregnant am I? Could I have conceived and then had a period? Or is it more likely we conceived through sexual contact?

As a side note. Every other of my pregnancies I have felt really sick by week 5 and on antisickness meds within a week or so.

If youve made it this far, thanks for reading. Whats your thoughts? Xx

I would say you got pregnant from the time in October - some women have bleeding that resembles a period so they don't think they are.

Hopefully the doctor can give you some answers for how far along you might be!

It's possible you got pregnant with twins and lost one of them (which would cause a bleed resembling a period). Your doc should order you a dating scan and then you'll know!

Thanks ladies. I have a dating scan booked but its not until the end of january. So i will either be 12w or 16w. Its a long time to live in limbo!

Where are you located? If in the states I would demand an earlier date in case you are earlier and want to do generic testing at the 12 week mark.

Where are you located? If in the states I would demand an earlier date in case you are earlier and want to do generic testing at the 12 week mark.
Im in the uk :-/

Still can you request an earlier date? Seems far enough off they may agree

Am I pregnant?
So lately I’ve been having a lot of pregnancy type symptoms. I can see the veins very clearly in my breast and areolas. Also they’re more visible in my legs and arms. They’re not super sore but I’ve never had sore breast when I pms. And they just kinda ache and feel heavy but hurt when squeezed a little bit. I’ve been nauseous and I’ve only thrown up a few times. I’m super bloated and sometimes I go pee a lot and sometimes I go normal but I pee a lot when I do go. I have very irregular periods sometimes I can go 6+ months without having one. I started cramping today and last week I took a pregnancy test and it said negative. But it was only after a week or two after what I think would have been conception. Did I just test too early or could these be something else?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->