How pregnant is too pregnant to travel?

Mrs_Random

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am just popping over from 2nd tri to see what you ladies who are already over 30 weeks think.

I have been offered the oppertunity to go away with work for 7 nights.

Now I know the first thing you are thinking is, well if it is going to be working you might as well stay home...but it isn't. It is a reward for being a top performer, which means it is slow days, time to yourself to relax and a little work whilst there. There will be about 60 of us and I went last year to Cyprus and came back with a fab tan, it's a lot of eating and drinking and being entertained by our suppliers. All expenses paid, all I need is a little spends if I want anything extra to the 3 meals with drinks a day we are provided. :thumbup:

I am not 100% if the destination yet, they are doing a big announcement in the next few weeks but I think it will be Tukey. They sent a save the date invite on Monday so this is how I know how far on I will be.

Only thing is I will be 30 weeks the day we travel.

The airline will take me, my insurance will cover me and I have had a very uneventful pregnancy so far, I am 20 weeks, no sickness, just sore boobs and a little nausia, other than that I have been fine. I am working full timne and going out as normal....so much so I went on a girls weekend to Benidorm a few weeks ago and am going on a family holiday to Vegas next week!

But....Would you go at 30 weeks???

My mum and some friends all say go, my husband on the other hand would rather I didn't, though said if I wanted to go, then I should, but he has made me question how far is too far gone???:shrug:

Personally I'd go, but also be very careful about food (interms of not eating salads, etc). You won't be too huge so should still be comfy. It sounds like a lovely opportunity before the baby arrives.

I dont no what to advise as i dont travel anywhere as planes freek me out,

But i dont no if i would want to be so far away at that pregnant without my OH.
If he was going to I would be a little bit easyer with it as if something was to go wrong he would be there.Ask your midwife, get a check over and have a plan of what will happen if something went wrong.

But if you do go. enjoy yourself =D

Is this your first pregnancy?

Flying on a not too long flight shouldn't be an issue, though some airlines require doctor's certificates after 28 weeks, but in a normal pregnancy that would be ok.

If it's a relaxing trip, I think you'd be fine. You'll have to pay special attention to what you eat (no street food, fully cooked, washed, etc), be careful in the sun as pregnant women burn more easily.

you may feel a bit left out if everyone else goes heavy on the booze. Also, investigate if you'd be insured in case you need hospitalisation, what type of medical facilites are there, etc. (if god forbid you go into labour - do they have a hospital with a NICU, etc. - but the chance of this is minimal that early)

If the temperature is going to be very high, you may be uncomfortable, as in cankles, out of breath. But otherwise, it should really be fine. Access to pools in third tri is a godsend, and one week of relaxation can't do you harm.

I've just got back from spain at 33 weeks and it was fine to go, know one even questioned it with the airline ,but i had doc note at the ready just incase.

It was fine for the first 5 days but by the last 2 i was too hot and uncomfortable to sleep and just wanted to go home, infact on the last day i nipped out for food and other then that stayed in the apartment all day. also after a few days my hands and feet went puffy despite the constant water drinking,

If you can pretty much do what you want you'll be fine, but if you end up doing more then you want to with a large groups encouragement it may be hard to say no. Dont push yourself and you'll be fine!

x

I would go! As long as you watch what you eat and stay comfy etc. there should be no harm done.
Just make sure that you check with your midwife as most airlines will need a doctor's note after 28 weeks and mine wouldn't give me one (thankfully my flight was when I was 27 weeks).
Turkey is not that far away, so not such a long flight, just make sure you got oppurtunity to move your legs during the flight for Trombosis!
Also research where to go if something happens, know where the hospital is, know there's someone who can go with you, know how to get there and such.
If you go prepared you'll have a lovely relaxing time before the baby's here!

Well it depends upon how you feel in yourself. Personally, i couldnt think of anything worse...but if you feel great, then go for it. Will you really be able to enjoy it though? You wont really be able to drink, probably wont be able to stay up quite as late and tire easily and be uncomfortable sitting on chairs. If you have something worrying happen...you are in a country you dont really know and may need to seek medical care. Would you be happy with that? Your dh wont want you to go cause he will worry for you. I think these are all things to consider.

i'd go as long as you've had no problems. but if you feel bit worried then don't. I went to iceland when was 20 weeks was fine. probably ate more healthy food there anyway . came back to be told i have a low placenta ! but all is well so far anyway.
check with the airline tho you may need a gp note to say fit to travel
x

I'd go if you can relax and chill out when you are there and not stressing about your oh - final chance to enjoy your freedom. You work for a nice company !

Up until 33 weeks I didnt feel prego with respect to moving running around etc so a holiday would of been good for me but I have a small bump. At 34 weeks everything gets so much harder and wouldnt really want to go on hol rather just chill out on sofa - especially with the heat. At 30 weeks reckon you will feel ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->