how soon after d&c can u ttc?

summersky09

Reaction score
hi ladies,

i am back with all u lovely ladies again due 2 a missed miscarriage at 7 weeks but baby died at 6n3, just looking for a bit ov info really as a 2 diff docs opinions are so oposite!! i had a d&c a week ago 2day wat ur opinions they wud b really appreciate thanks :) xx

I'm so sorry for your loss.

My doctor told me I had to wait 1 cycle before trying again, but I tried anyway but unfortunately didn't fall pregnant. I'm now on my 1st cycle since the D & C and have just ovulated so I'm hoping I'll fallen now... fingers crossed.

It's really up to you, if you feel ready, then you will know what is right for you.

I too got mixed messages after my D&C. One doctor told me to wait at least 2 full cycles, while the other told me that the only reason they want you to wait is so they can date the pregnancy properly. We tried on my D&C cycle (after the recommended 2 week sex ban), but AF showed up. We got pregnant on the next cycle, and so far everything is great (heard his little heartbeat yesterday!!).

A word of caution though: I felt very ready to try on my D&C cycle, but I wasn't prepared for the emotions that came with my first AF. I think that if we hadn't been trying, it would have been a bit better and I might have even viewed it as a positive thing, but since I was crossing my fingers and hoping, it was a major blow. I really wasn't ready that first cycle and it set me back in my grieving.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I know it's stressful when everyone tells you something different. You're the best judge of when you're ready to try again, and if your body doesn't agree, it just won't allow a pregnancy to happen. All the best.

Well, I have read and heard much on this subject! Since my blighted ovum diagnosis and D&C Jan 17, I know what you are going thru. My doc said if DH and I felt ready, then go for it. Most of the reasons why they tell you to wait are emotional and also so they have an easier time dating the pregnancy after your first cycle. But many women don't wait and find themselves pregnant again with everything being ok. Others just get pregnant again straight after only to miscarry again. I say go with your gut! If you are ready, do what is best for you. Your body will be primed and ready again when it is! Good luck to you, whatever you may decide!

thank u so much ladies its a real help 2 hear the advice from women that have been thru this as tryin to talk to friends and family and its hard for them to truely understand when they havent experienced it themselves! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->