How soon after.....

MummyKP

Reaction score
How soon after a late period would you take a pregnancy test? So far two days late, being told to take a test but seems so early! Would love to hear your experiences :)

I was due yesterday and took a FRER - was negative like I was hoping, thankfully! The cycle that I got pregnant I tested a few days before my period was due with a FRER and got a bright positive right away.

So it's whenever you're comfortable and want to test. Two days doesn't sound early to me. :flower:

Thanks Kitteh_Kat, maybe I will have to go buy a test tomorrow!

Glad you got the result you were hoping for!

Once it's late, if you are pregnant there should be enough of a hormonal change to show up on a test. Go ahead and test!!

I tested 2 days before AF was due and still got a positive, albeit quite faint.

Thanks for the replies ladies. I think AF will arrive today, I've woken with pains so just waiting for her now. I thought she arrived last night as when I went to the toilet and wiped it was a little pink (very light) but nothing else came of it so we shall see how today goes!

I'd still test if it doesn't get heavier, since I spotted for the first several weeks of my pregnancy and had the usual cramps. Good luck :flower:

You can test as soon as you're late, I tested with my second son 5 days before being late and got a faint positive on a FRER. Well done for getting until you're late lol!

Oh and just to add, not to give false hope, but especially with my first it felt like my period was coming, I got cramps and sorry for the TMI but due to the increase in discharge (which is a pregnancy thing) I kept thinking I was going to have come on. So I would still test, the reason I left it 4 days late with my first was because it felt like it was coming and I just kept waiting.

If your period doesn't arrive or it isn't like normal I would just test today. Once you're late you should be able to get a positive if you're pregnant (not allwomen do but the majority). I got a positive 8 days before my period was due, impatient :haha:

Thanks both it's always great to find out these things for future. Still waiting for AF. Feel like I've come on all day but still no sign. A little 'moist' down there mind which I am aware of :/ sorry TMI

How many dpo are you? I would be going crazy not knowing for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->