How soon can you take a bath after giving birth?

mandy87

Reaction score
I just gave birth on the 8th , and my doc said I could take a bath ( i think just warm water) but forgot how soon? Did you right away?
Also, my postpartum bleeding is turning brown , some red but mainly brown...I know my normal period does this, but why is it turning brown now? hmm
btw I had a normal vaginal birth

You can take a bath straight away, Its recommend for healing, esp. if you had stitches, warm water with a PINCH of salt or a few drops of tea tree oil and sit in it for about 10-15 mins. Do this three times a day. I got a very cheap basin, one that you wash dishes in, I filled that and put it in the bath and sat in that, way easier than filling the bath each time, take it easy and look after yourself, plus the 10 mins alone soaking your lady parts is a nice few mins away from all the stress. Enjoy baba while they so tiny, time races by too quick!!

You can take a bath right away. Actually, it's wonderful. I was so exhausted after birth and the last thing I thought I'd want to do what get in (or out!) of a bath, but it was great! It helped with healing so much (I added a bit of lavender oil, some women add other oils as well).

And yes, bleeding (brown or red) is normal for up to about 6 weeks after birth. Mine was red for about 2 weeks and then brown with some red for another 2 weeks. All normal.

Yep straight away. I had my son at 11.10pm. I needed stitches and then once he had bf I was in the bath... About 2am I think. I took baths a couple of times a day and it helped my stitches. All healing nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->