How soon did you find out the gender?

Kiram

Reaction score
I have a routine ultrasound/check-up scheduled for when I'm 12 weeks. Is this too early to determine the gender? I know the usual time for the gender reveal is 18-20 weeks...

I'd like to limit my ultrasounds, so if I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone, that'd be great. I'm wondering if I should postpone my appointment until I can know the gender for certain...

How soon did any of you find out?

And just for fun, know any gender wive's tales that rang true for you? ;)
My mom said I'm having a boy because I "look healthy". She said "girls steal all your beauty, so you'd look pale and sickly". Guess we'll just have to see about that!

I found out gender at 15 weeks with a private ultrasound. I had an ultrasound at 12 weeks to check that baby was developing OK (history of miscarriages and I am taking metformin so they wanted to check development related to medication exposure as well) and they did not even consider looking at gender at 12 weeks.

I had a feeling at the beginning that this baby was a boy and that feeling was correct. Other than that, I can't think of any old wives tales that were applicable for me. I would say this baby stole my beauty because my face has been breaking out like crazy since the beginning of the pregnancy.

Personally, I wouldn't skip ultrasounds that are ordered by the doctor. Ultrasounds are not radiation or anything dangerous so if the doctor recommends it, I follow the doctor's recommendations. I don't think I would spend money on a private ultrasound again though--I wasn't that impressed with the cost vs price.

We found out we were having a girl at the 15 week emergency ultrasound that was ordered due to bleeding. Once the tech knew there was nothing wrong she asked if we wanted to know the sex. At the 12 week ultrasound they couldn't tell but my husband's cousin, who was having a boy, was told at 12 weeks. Some of the blood tests can tell as early as 10 weeks too.

If you're in the states you can do a blood test from sneak peak as early as 9 weeks along. That's how I found out I wss having a boy. My doctor wouldn't even try to tell me via ultrasound until I was 20 weeks along.

They do gender blood tests in the UK too, but you have to go private (as far as I know.) The place we've booked our gender scan at says no earlier than 16 weeks as babies can still be developing at that point.

12 weeks is too early for an ultrasound. I had mine at 14 weeks, but the tech was very unsure and i had to go back 4 different times until they finally told me (around 17 weeks) that it was definitely a girl.

We were offered a blood test at 12/13 weeks to find out with DS but we waited until we were 20 weeks. With this baby I think we are going to wait again.

I had a blood test today at 10 1/2 weeks... should know as soon as the results come in. Although the blood test wasn't medically necessary we will have to pay out of pocket though

We did private ultrasounds for gender with all of ours at 15, 13,13, and 15 weeks. My hospital doesn't do gender determination until the 20 week anatomy scan.

During my 12 week scan we asked if they could tell. The sonographer asked if we really wanted to know. We said YES! She said that it "looked boy-ish, but too early to know for sure". We Googled the nub and skull theory and were pretty sure we had a boy.

At our 20 week scan we had a confirmed boy!

At 12 weeks we went on the nub theory that suggested girl, at 16 weeks I had another scan and my OB said that its a little girl.

My tech accurately predicted my baby at 12s3. I asked her to show me the nub and potty shot. Nothing between the legs but the nub was boy. But to quote her, "at this stage, it could be a boy or just a large clitoris you just never know" lol. All the wives tales worked for me. So did the triple play gender experts (right with ramzi and nub but not skull). I had a gender scan at 16w3 days and confirmed boy. Just politely ask if the tech can point out the nub. I played dumb and asked her if she could show me because my friends kept telling me to look for it and I didn't know why so she gave me the 411 and highlighted it hehe

Like the others said, if your doctor orders it there's no harm. My baby is "perfect" according to my gyn thus far and he's been scanned at 5w, 6w, 9w, and 16w by my gyn, 12w and 20w and 23w by specialized techs at the hospital for nt scan and two anatomy scans, and then at 16w and 29w by the 4d people. So 9 times. I checked with my gyn before booking the private scans and she said go for it, it was perfectly safe. If they offer to do a growth scan (I doubt it my uterus measures perfectly every visit) I'd totally go for ten

I found out at 13 weeks with this baby and at 14 weeks with my last baby. They were obvious both times as to the gender so I'd say that at 12 weeks they can give you a good guess. Some techs will and some won't but if they don't I'd ask them to give you a shot of the nub. The nub theory is very accurate.

My oldest let us know her gender when she was about 3, we're still waiting on our youngest to tell us. ;)

Found out the sex of the baby today, so 11 weeks 5 days. But we did the blood test since I'm older. Took a week exactly to get the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->