How Soon Did You Tell Your Manager You Were Pregnant?

Maple_Fairy

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how many weeks everyone was when they told their manager at work they were pregnant? I'm only 4 weeks (had my BFP at 9/10dpo) but I really do feel like crap at the moment. I practically slept most of the day the other day and now just feel really crappy, crampy and generally very shitty... :cry: I'm thinking it might just be the sudden hormone changes??? I don't know as I've never been pregnant before though ... :nope: ... I'm not sure it's something I can hide for a long period of time at work and although my original plan was to wait as long as possible before telling my manager I'm now wondering if I would be better telling her straight away so she knows why I am feeling as crappy as I am and may not be as productive at work??

Anyone been through similar before??

Thanks.

I told mine around 6 weeks, I was also feeling really shit and she lowered my hours and was generally fairly understanding, I’d recommend telling them if it’s going to make your work any easier!

I feel like I’m being really silly telling her I’m struggling at just 4 weeks. I had a bit of an emotional breakdown today as well as my OH was telling me how I shouldn’t have any symptoms yet... :( My work are usually quite understanding so I’m hoping in this case if I tell them they will be ok....

I had to tell my manager around 5 weeks because I was SO SICK.
I stayed that sick up until last week (I am 13 weeks now).

He was happy for me, and completely understanding of me needing accommodation. If it is going to affect your work I'd say go ahead and tell your boss.

I told my manager the day after I found out, I needed risk assessments done though (heavy lifting ect) so I had told tell them as soon as possible for this reason.

Thank you everyone. I ended up telling my manager. I can suffer from anxiety so thinking it was for the best incase something happens... least then I know there’s at least one person at work who knows (sort of) what I’m going through and I can turn to them... still feel a little silly but ... meh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->