How Soon Do You Test?

MzKBailey

Reaction score
Hello all! Ok so I had my shot to force ovulation on the 17th forcing me to ovulate on the 19th. They told me to wait until Thursday, April 2nd before I take a HPT. I am ITCHING to take one now even though I only have like a day wait. Lol. I've been sleeping non stop, headaches, etc, but then again it could all be in my head. How soon have any of you tested??? I feel like if I test early I may jinx myself. It sounds stupid I know...but I am impatient! Lol

My first year TTC, I tested almost every day starting from 8 DPO on. As I entered year 2 of TTC I realized there was no way I could keep that up (both mentally and financially). I've finally reached a point where I don't keep tests in the house and I just wait to see if I make it past when AF is due. It's been almost 2 years, but I'm still hopeful every cycle. I think it is fine to test whenever you want, as long as it is okay for your mentally (not too stressful or disheartening) and financially. There was definitely a point when I thought I would go crazy if I didn't test, so I did. So I say if you want to test, go for it!

I am going to test tomorrow (9 dpo) with a cbd. I read on this site that women don't use the digi until 12+ do but I don't see how that makes any sense there are lots of women (check out YouTube) that get a bfp at 9-11 do with cbd. Not 100% it will work for you but its worth a shot. there is also an implantation calculator you can use to help narrow down the day you think is best to test.

@robinsonmom where do I find this calculator? That sounds very helpful.

I am testing 1 day before AF is due and only testing then because kids are off school next week and if I get negative i dont want to be upset infront of them. Even the most sensitive of tests are only 60% accurate when testing early.

@robinsonmom where do I find this calculator? That sounds very helpful.

Here you are hope this helps https://m.thebabycorner.com/tools/ttc/implantation-calculator.php

If you can click on the site "google" implantation calculator

I tell myself not to test until 11 dpo but usually give in at 9dpo. The struggle is real yall!! ;)

Well tomorrow I test. I have not taken one pregnancy test the entire time and I have been so tempted! I'm nervous because, I dont want to be disappointed. I mean granted, I'm only on the second round but, if it doesnt work, then me and hubby will hold off on treatments for a while until we move to TX. But I want this so bad! Please pray for a positive test for me!!!

Sending lots of baby dust your way!

I will say, the reason they asked you to wait that long to test is because of the shot they gave you. The trigger shot is the HCG hormone and that can stay in your system for up to two weeks. So, if you test early, you are almost guaranteed to get a positive but only from the shot.

I am hoping for you for this cycle! But if it doesn't work out and they do the trigger shot again, just keep that in mind :) I know its hard not to test earlier but it helps to know that you might get a false positive and get let down if you test early while taking the trigger shot! I took it last cycle and I made sure that I didn't test until 14DPO even though I normally would start testing at 10DPO. (because I have taken it one cycle before and got a false positive because I took it too early and it was a huge let down because I didn't know that would happen)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->