How soon?

Paxton

Mum + Wife-to-be
Reaction score
How soon after your LO was born did you start trying to lose weight?

My LO is due in Feb., and I want to start right away as soon as I can, but I'm afraid I might be too in pain, too exhausted to do any excercise stuff.

Could I start early if I started small, like say, 20min twice a week? Would that even be enough to help with the weightloss?

I was overweight for most of my life, wavering between 180-200lbs, then I got down to 140lbs, but only enjoyed being not overweight for about 4 monthes before I got pregnant with my first LO. By the time he was born, I was up to 210! And I got pregnant again (the LO I'm currently growing) rather quickly, and my last weigh-in was about 230! :cry:

:hugs: I didn't start until Hannah was close to 18 months old but that was because I completely lacked motivation prior to that :blush:

I 'cut' down as soon as my youngest was born didnt start exercise till 6-8wks after she was born.
I was 240lb after my second, im now 168lb.

Good luck!

I started around 3 months after my son was born and reached my goal weight in November. I am now maintaining. :)

Good luck. :)

my son was born in mid august and i started in january :D enjoy a few weeks with your LO first, you can easily cut down portions but wait a while for your body to settle and for you too feel more yourself before you start properly exercising Xx

I worked out up until the day I delivered then a little bit a week after. He had colic and never slept so I needed a break and got back into it at 12 weeks. That was hardcore gym, I was doing 45 min daily walks by the 2nd day I had him.

Something like walking 20 minutes daily and making better food choices is something you can start soon after. You have to start slow from your personal fitness level.

I started last month. :rofl: I had a c-section that was infected so I could barely even walk and get out of bed for the first few months, let alone try to exercise. Just do it when you feel you're ready. Losing the baby weight isn't a race and whether it's a day after your baby is born, or 5 years, that doesn't really matter. Just as long as you feel good about YOU! :hugs::hugs: So many girls are super supportive on here when it comes to weight loss too! :flower:

i was overeweight before becoming pregnant and was 231 lbs by 39weeks.

one week after oscar was born i weighed myself and had lost 20lbs! hadnt really dieted but didnt have much appetite (so unlike me!)
this gave me motivation so i dieted but didnt exercise at all (didnt have time) and lost 53 lbs by the time he was 9 weeks old!!
I have put on 7 over the christmas period so am starting again next week with just walking into town 3 times a week and dieting. i need to lose another 42lbs to get down tto a healthy weight and bmi. Am hoping to lose 14 lbs by the end of Jan!

xxx

my lil one is now 7 weeks old and im started last week xx

I waited 6 weeks before actively trying to lose weight. You will find that you'll lose some without trying just after birth :) Lots of it being baby, fluids, etc.

I was up to 200..down to 180 by a week pp..Only at 175 now, due to the holiday rush lol. But losing steadily again :) Good luck!

If you plan to breastfeed then you really shouldn't 'diet' as such. Just eat sensibly and take baby for walks and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->