How strict have you been with your guest list ?

mama2b

Mummy & TTC
Reaction score
I am starting to get really stressed about some guests that we feel we 'have' to invite but quite honestly don't want four people we barely know at our wedding reception.

Its OH's step sister and brother plus there partners. We are expected to invite them even though there is virtually no contact apart from family get togethers and we don't even speak to them then. Our evening party is going to be around £17 per head so its a lot of money to pay for four people we are not fussed about.

There is the possibility that the SS may not come as she is having a baby, due date our wedding day :growlmad: but I think we would still be expected to invite them. We already invited them all to Cyprus for the actual wedding but after messing us about they decided not to come, didn't bother to tell us either we only find out information through OH's mum.

So im wondering what do you think I should do and what would you do ? Or have done in a similar situation ?

I don't think you should feel pressured to invite anyone, if they get to see the wedding then they should feel privileged at that :haha:
It's a toughie with how shes due on your wedding day, maybe invite her verbally and ask her if she could make it or not? :hugs:
We are being VERY strict with our guestlist, at most we are having 26 people, 24 of which are family and the other 2 guests are friends ... we just want it to be very intimate .. we are expecting friends to get a bit annoyed especially because a few of my friends commented about how they expect invites but i think they will just have to understand :haha: if it bothers them so much they can go on my hen and then on a night out once we are back to celebrate? Jut cant afford a big reception and thats partly why we are going to gretna :blush::blush:

We have invited everyone to the day who we want to be there. Our venue can sit 130 people & we have 106 coming & then a extra 70 in the evening...

We have had family say well what about X or Y more OHs family who I have never met in the 11 years we have been together or who he has not seen since he was about 4

People like that we are not inviting LOL

we've left out family members who we don't see or speak to.. i think people need to understand that weddings cost a bloody fortune and you can't invite the world and it's wife. it's your day, it's not a party do you know what i mean. in my opinion, the people who should be there should be the people who CARE that you are getting married and want to celebrate with you, not just people who wana come for the invite! :dohh:

Very! Its one of the reasons we have turned our back on a UK wedding, and decided on going abroad.

Partly so that we can have a nice luxurious intimate weddingmoon without the hassle of inviting people who we dont see/dont want theire/family politics, but also so we dont waste money on those people - hotels and venues we liked in the UK had packages upwards of £100 per person, and i would NEVER spend that amount on some of the guests we would have needed to invite.

This way, the decision is made for us - if they want to come, and can afford to then great. if they cant, then job done. The bridal party and very close friends will be given help with tickets and things from us, so effectively we are spending the same - just on better people.

I reckon there will be less than 20 at ours :dance: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->