How succesful?

kaylynn040485

Mummy to two girls
Reaction score
do sweeps tend to be?

Im booked in for one tomorrow and im really unsure about it tnh. I know its my choice and dont need to have one but im desperate to get things going but just worry i have it done and it does nothing so just wondering does it have a high chance of working or does it really just depend on the individual and how favourable you are?

Kx

It depends on how favourable your cervix looks to the mw. If its too high and they can't get to it, they may not be able to do a sweep. They usually do get things started though, and if it doesn't work hun theyll talk u through everything

I keep hearing about ladies having a sweep.
What does it mean? I have not heard that terminology (perhaps its a UK term).

Basically a midwife has a glove on and puts two fingers inside you and 'sweeps' them round your cervix to help rupture the membranes to try and start labour off.

how far gone you are i'd say that theres a very good chance it will give your body the nudge it needs to get going, i'm thinking of asking mw today if i can have one but i'm not holding my breath she will or that it will do anything as i still have a few weeks left, you never know you could go your self before then anyway hun xxx

Would love to go on my own but tbh im not having any signs at all now, although i know some people dont and it just happens. Bought a jar of jalepinos and gonni munch them latr, if that doesnt work then dont think anything will lol thanks girls Kx

I'm not sure hun, Just wanted to say good luck!
xx

Really hope something happens for you hun. xox

Let us know how you get on! I'm seeing the doc next on Wednesday and I'm going to ask for one then, really hoping I won't need to book in, especially with the Easter weekend coming up, I can't imagine it'll be as easy to book stuff just now...

justwanted to give you a glimmer of hope...

wth my 1st son i had no signs at all my waters would go, the night before i wasactually out having a big family meal forthen partners birthday woke up next morningwent to loo at about 11am and 'couldn't stop weeing'!so just because you have no signs doesn't mean anything! i don't think i had any 'clearing out' poos, no discharge/mucas loss, braxtons nothing, no feeling 'funny'/ill/different.

what ever you decide to do i hope things get going soon!
xXx

Hi,I had a sweep when I was pg with my little girl.Had loads of pains after and thought yeay this is it!! but they died down after a couple of hours.I went into labour the day before my induction was planned,think it was the fear!. My friend had a sweep however and labour pains kicked in later on that day so I think it really does just depend.Good Luck fot tomo.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->