How successfull was ur sweep at 40+ weeks.UPDATE PG4

With my DS I had one at 40+3wks and gave birth at 40+5wks!

With my DD I had one at 40wks...nothing happened!Had my second at 41wks and starting cramping straight away(12.30pm) was in labour by 6pm and gave birth at 9.51pm!!

:thumbup:

i went into labour within 48hrs after mine. he was born 2 days early :)

I had a sweep with my son at 41weeks and was in established labour around 12 hours later, and he was born around 20 hours after that.
with my daughter, I again had a sweep at 41 weeks-did nothing, another at 41+3, still nothing and she was induced at 41+5 and was born 8 hours later!
So sometimes they work...and sometimes they don't! Good luck hun!x

i had 2 by one midwife which done nothin but the 3rd one was by a different midwife who was really thorough and i knew it was gona work and it did! x

I had 2 that failed. But was getting far too uptight and scared over the thought of induction that knew I was never going to go into labour alone. So I went for a back massage chilled out and started early labour within an hour or so. I lay kind of on my side and let her work her magic.

My top tip for labour is remember to relax. Your muscles can't relax if you get all tense and don't let them. Enjoy it! It is a very very special time most people don't appreachate it when it's happening to them.

VERY! Had mines at 40+2 and had her 20 hours later at 40+3! Although she said I was 3cm when she gave me it so I think maybe I was due to go into labour anyway. . But it certainly helped. Wasn't painful, just a bit uncomfortable :) xx

thanks ladies Im off to have my sweep this morning.scan is at 10.15 and sweep probably near 12.00pm.im up early cos i cant sleep very nervous at the minute.
Apart from losig bit plug and having backache i got nothing MEH! Just praying this sweep does something and im not told its all sealed up like fort Knox :haha

Worked for me!! I was 40 +5d and when I had my sweep, she said I was 2cm dilated. The sweep was at 7pm and I felt first contractions just gone 8pm had ds at 7am the following morning :happydance:

UPDATE

HAD MY SWEEP AND GOT A BISHOP SCORE 6.

IM 3CM :happydance:
I HAVE INDUCTION BOOKED FOR FRIDAY 7AM

Good luck, and 3cm is good :thumbup: sounds like you might not even need the induction. Fingers x'd for you.

update

Im back from the hospital.Growth scan revealed baby is still huge:haha:
the polyhydrominoes has increased to 28:wacko: which is NOT good atall.

Had a sweep,wasnt painful but very uncomfortable to say the least:dohh:

.i have a bishop score of 6which is good) and im already 3cm dilated:happydance:

they wanted to induce me today but there were no slots free.I am being induced 7.45am on Friday so altho i didnt want to be induced ideally im happy ill be holding my baby by saturday.Maybe even sooner as the sweep as gave me a bloody show and im getting tightenings already and i only had it at 12pm.

PLEASE DO NOT PUT ANYTHING ON FACEBOOK AS NO ONE KNOWS IN MY FRIENDS/FAMILY OUTSIDE BNB XXX

Oh it sounds promising then. How exciting, I got a bloody show with my sweep and tightenings straight away that got stronger and stronger. 8 hours 51mins after my sweep my lo arrived :) keep us updated

Oh babe I'm so pleased,if ur 3cm already I reckon urll go into labour tonight :happydance: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->