How the clearblue conception indicator tests work.

Gemie

Mum to 3
Reaction score
I've been dong some research and thought I'd post my findings for you gals to have a looksee :)
I thought others might be interested to learn how the Clear Blue digital with conception indicator works.

In the picture below, you see the display screen. This reads either 'not pregnant', '1-2 weeks pregnant', '2-3 weeks pregnant' or '3+ weeks pregnant'. This indicates weeks since conception based on urinary HCG concentration.

The middle picture shows the inside of the test. The two test strips both detect HCG. The top strip is a high-sensitivity HCG test (25MIU). It is this strip that triggers the test to say either pregnant or not pregnant. The bottom strip has a control line (to the left) and a low-sensitivity HCG test (50MIU or 100MIU). It is the difference between those two lines that triggers the test to display the weeks since conception.

Finally, the strips at the bottom are three examples of the low sensitivity stip taken from 3 different tests. The bottom one produced a result 1-2 weeks, the middle one 2-3 weeks and the top one 3+ weeks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 755
ur not supposed to open them as usually have 1-3 lines.(which wont tell u if your pregnant)..you supposed to go with what is on the screen before you opened it

ur not supposed to open them as usually have 1-3 lines.(which wont tell u if your pregnant)..you supposed to go with what is on the screen before you opened it

Yes I know but if you read what is written its explaining how they work for those who wonder not asking if its positive iykwim :)

Yes I know but if you read what is written its explaining how they work for those who wonder not asking if its positive iykwim :)

right but in instructions it says not to open them as that wont give you the answer,,,,so how does looking at the inside describe how it works?:shrugg:

right but in instructions it says not to open them as that wont give you the answer,,,,so how does looking at the inside describe how it works?:shrugg:

It's explained above lol you need to know what you're looking for as its not just a simple yes or no answer like people who aren't clued up would be looking for.

I get what she means...shes is explaining to people WHY they say to not open it..because most people just look for two lines like on a regular HPT..but on these its more complicated...but you can still tell from the lines if you know what to look for...which is what she is showing..and also just because its neat how they make these work and one of mine had a freaking micro processor in it..like a mini computer..even hubby was impressed and hes IT haha!

I get what she means...shes is explaining to people WHY they say to not open it..because most people just look for two lines like on a regular HPT..but on these its more complicated...but you can still tell from the lines if you know what to look for...which is what she is showing..and also just because its neat how they make these work and one of mine had a freaking micro processor in it..like a mini computer..even hubby was impressed and hes IT haha!

And great job explaining too!!
Thank you :thumbup:
Shame I couldn't explain why I posted it quite as well eh?! :haha:

You did a better job than me though, thanks :)

Here's some of my experiences using them

For one of my pregnancies I used a digi when I was 14DPO, I also had a hcg test on the same day (only bout 2 hours apart) The digi came back 2-3 and my hcg was 200

Recently I also had a chemical. I had my hcg tested at 10DPO and it was 26, I got a 1-2 on a digi the same day or the day before (can't remember), but then at 12DPO my FRERs got very faint and by 13DPO it was almost a BFN, just an extremely faint line. The digi still gave me a 1-2, but my FRERs were much, much fainter than the 10DPO tests - so I think they actually can pick up levels even lower than 25

I think you just have the sensitivties back to front in your explanation, Gemie. 25miu is what most tests are. The super sensitive ICs are 10miu, and 5miu tests exist as well. So, the lower the miu, the more sensitive the test and earlier it should work. This is because a 25miu test will pick up a HCG concentration of at least 25miu, whereas a sensitive test (usually 10miu) will pick up a smaller concentration in the urine.

What I don't understand is if the top one triggers the " pregnant" to display why is there always 3 lines even when not pregnant ?

I don't think any of those were "Not Pregnant" tests though, Garfield.

Im going to have to bust my 3+ open now :haha: Thanks for this, always wondered how they worked x

I don't mean the tests in this post but when i Take a cb digital and it comes up not pregnant I always open it and there are always three lines so that's why I was wondering how that single line is supposed to be the one that's makes the test say your pregnant or not

I don't think she was suggesting anyone do anything other than read the screen for the result. She was just curious and trying to figure out how they work for a bit of fun.

what PP said...my gosh ladies opening a digi isnt a sin lol....get over it...if you dont want to open yours then dont...but dont burn her at the stake for doing it and posting about it lol...

what PP said...my gosh ladies opening a digi isnt a sin lol....get over it...if you dont want to open yours then dont...but dont burn her at the stake for doing it and posting about it lol...

:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->