how to choose baby furniture....

yang6463

Reaction score
I’m a design student. I’m going to design baby furniture. Can anyone share their experience about buying baby furniture? And when choosing the furniture, what is your biggest concern?

that it's sturdy and doesn't look or feel like it might break really easily, I've seen some cots that look so flimsy and like they'd fall apart if you so much a breath on it. Also that it is practical, for example our changing table is multi purpose, obviously we can change Lucy on the top bit but underneath is really handy for storage, and her cot is a cot bed so will last for a long time, and lastly I like classical designs so something that isn't 'in fashion' but will stand the test of time design wise.

Sturdy, so it is safe - would rather pay more for good quality than risk an accident :thumbup:

Practical - ie our chest of drawers also has a changer unit on top. Our cot is a cotbed, so longer use out of it

Appearance - as per PP, one that will last and still look good

:flower:

That it's sturdy, but also trendy. I like contemporary nursery furniture, but it has to be able to withstand a few years wear & tear & so you could maybe pass it down to the next child.

Jayne

Sturdiness is a must as the others have replied, but I also like things in a funky shape/design, something out of the ordinary!!

I also think that price is a major factor. When you are having a baby there is so much to buy that the budget can be very tight. A lot of baby furniture I looked at was unbelievably high priced which completely put me off.

As the others have said it must be sturdy. not too expensive, range of differnt woods/colours etc. I saw some cots that i liked but they only came in a dark wood, which didnt match the nursry theme. easy to put together - or at least not overly complicated! made to last.

We took everything into consideration really but we were on a tight budget so even though we wanted something that would last, look good, was safe it had to be within budget!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->