• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How to cope with a lazy husband?!?!?!?

There was a study done (no joke) on things that woke men up at night -- crying baby came in like 10th or 12th, whereas it comes in first for women. :dohh:

My DH has never done a night feed -- not once. But I BFed, so that is mostly why. I actually insisted on co-sleeping as a result. That is was DH's compromise.

I work full time, do 90% of the housework, cook 100% of the meals, and do 80% of the babycare... oh and manage the bills, too. :roll:

When I get really grumpy about it, DH will realize he is slacking too much and try to do a load or two of laundry or do the dishes.

I did give him specific jobs, though -- yardwork, snow shoveling, trash take out... and those I make him do. Still isn't even though. :dohh:

You are not alone!

It's tough for us guys too you know, especially if we're working. Honestly it actually feels like a relief being at work some days. Then you get home after working all day and are faced with a baby who needs its nappy changed and wants cuddled all evening...

My boyfriend gets up at night and feeds her and lets me sleep and its me and her during the day.

It's tough for us guys too you know, especially if we're working. Honestly it actually feels like a relief being at work some days. Then you get home after working all day and are faced with a baby who needs its nappy changed and wants cuddled all evening...

I totally agree! Which is why when I was on mat leave, I had no problem taking care of the baby full time, doing all the housework, cooking, etc...

But I am working full time, too, now. So I work just has hard/much as DH and still shoulder the vast majority of everything else.

But I fully believe that women who are at home full time SHOULD do the majority of baby and house stuff (just not all) if they are being supported by their OH's working.

Oh no! :cry: lol

Nah, I'm only kidding. I do understand....my hubby works full time to allow me to stay at home for the entirity of the maternity leave (unfortunately I can't be a SAHM but while there's benefits there, we're having them! lol) - but I do think that there needs to be a compromise. My hubby will do bath times etc on nights when he can and this lets me get the washing up done, or the ironing, or something else important. It's all about give and take IMO and sometime this just needs to be re-balanced.

I really did have this problem too, it took me walking out to finally give my OH the shake he needed (after numerous arguements). He now sees when things need doing instead of trying to slack, and for the other bits we need to do i write a list and we go through it together. I dont mind doing the housework etc through the week as he is at work but he takes over with her as soon as he gets home and does the bedtime routine. But at the weekend he needs to help with everything, i think thats fair.

It feels like a relief to be at work because it more than likely is a relief. There are very few jobs as hard and as tiring as looking after a baby (especially a newborn). So good for you giving your OH a break when you get home, she needs it more than you!

I went back to work after 6 weeks when I had my last baby and remember what a difference it made.

PS: To the OP...I personally couldn't bear a lazy OH at all. If mine consistently behaved like that he'd probably be under the patio by now. So i'm in the forget the silent treatment and kick his ass instead brigade.

:)

OH never been too good with night feeds. Eli doesn't require them anymore, but every now and again he'll want to eat around 4:30 as we've just phased out the feed about a month ago...and he's hard headed. Haha.

But, I used to be really angry with OH re: helping with the baby. Now that Eli is older it is much better. And, we had a come to Jesus meeting where I basically said I don't want to be a single parent, but I feel like a single parent...so maybe I should be a single parent? :p Haha. He got the point!

I think it is very hard in the beginning for OH's in general. It's not as natural for a woman. But I would make my case until he got it. I just let OH know that he was missing out on all the bonding, which he was. And now he sees the truth because they are much closer.

Hope it gets better for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"