How to deal with jealousy?

Wtbam

Reaction score
I have a close friend who has been a friend for years, and we are the same age. We met our OH's at the same time and recently have been talking about coming off the pill.

I came off the pill in December, and am still waiting for my first period. She originally said she was coming off in May, but has now decided to come off now. I don't know how I will cope if she gets pregnant before I do. I mean, I will be really happy for her, but it's going to be so hard to swallow the jealousy down!

How do you cope with friends announcing their pregnancies?

Its really hard. I had to watch my sister who is younger than me have her kids one after the other and then my mom raised them while I had mc after mc. We tried for 8 years and finally we were blessed with our daughter. I cried a lot. I know how you feel. I hope you get your bfp really soon.

I don't deal with it. I cry about it and then push it to the back of my mind.

It's the most frustrating feeling, being sad yet so happy for someone at the same time.

Sorry - not much help! haha

I am so pleased for her, and excited, but know I'm going to be devastated if she DOES get pregnant before me. It also makes me angry at my body. Why isn't it working?!

I feel like every few days someone is announcing a pregnancy. and sometimes its hard for me to be like "good for them." I know I was upset when a friend of mine found out she was pregnant right after getting engaged and I super jealous. But she posted a picture of her ultrasound the other day and I genuinely felt happy for her. Its hard, but being jealous of them isn't going to help get you pregnant and it isn't going to take away them being pregnant (Hopefully! i'd never want anyone to lose a baby) Unfortunately its one of those things in life that when its handed to you-you gotta just make the best of it.

Lots of babydust to you!!
:dust:

There's no easy way to deal. I cry a lot, and get mad. Me and my hubby have been trying for 4 years. My brothers had 2 "accidents" in that time. I sister in law had a "accident" 2 of my cousins as well. One of my cousins actually had his second born yesterday. To this day I still feel bad, when my bestie, who I call every failed month and cry about no baby called to tell me she and her hubby where having there first 3years earlier then planned, I was so bitter and resentful instead of wishing her happiness and congrats, I hung up the phone and didn't speak to her a week. Eventually I felt happy for her, but it took a while. She said she felt so guilty for telling me, and now 2 years later I still feel bad for how I reacted. Most of the people in my life know what me and my hubby are going through and so they are pretty understanding. They know it's not that I don't want them to have kids, I'm just mad at how unfair it is they get without trying want I've been trying for 4 years for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->