How to determine Ovulation day after +OPK

mssk

Mom of two
Reaction score
Hey ladies I posted the other day because this is my first cycle using OPKs. I have another question. I finally got a huge positive yesterday (cycle day 15) afternoon on an OPK. I tested again today and the test line is still dark but it is now lighter than the control line. I read that after a positive test you can ovulate anywhere from 12-48 following your +. But does that mean the test should still be as dark as the control line. Did I miss O or is my body preparing to O now?Like I said I am new to testing. Thank you for reading :)

If you got a positive yesterday, you will ovulate between 12-36hrs later I believe. The line usually gets lighter as the LH in your system drops :) You detected the end of your surge x

Does missing the surge mean that it is too late for bding. I am sorry I get so confused by it. We bd the night before the positive and today so I hope we got it this cycle!

If you bd the day before and the day of your positive then you haven't missed it x

The tests after your positive aren't any indication if you've ovulated it not. It doesn't matter if positive or negative, they can't tell you anything. What's important is the first positive- you'll ovulate 12-48 hours after that surge.

Most people ovulate the day following the positive (again doesn't matter what tests are showing that day!)

Good luck

Thank you ladies. I am glad I started testing early or I would have missed my +. I hope we got it this cycle! Thank you for the information. I think I finally understand all this now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->