How to explain to a 4 yr old where baby came from!!! haha

D

Divinebeauty

Hey ladies,

Well my 4 yr old is a very curious little guy lol! He is asking daddy and I how his baby sister got into mommies tummy!! We have told him that dad has planted a seed in me, and that was not good enough he wanted to know HOW.. omg lmfao , i never thought about him asking these questions!!

Has anyone else had this situation!!

would looooove to hear how you explained it!!!!:happydance:

My friend opted to tell her LO that Daddy gave her a seed which she put in her tummy. I think she said she swallowed it rather than anything else.

Not an easy topic and I am sure other mums must have had the same issue.

there are some books that tell the 'facts' - I was up front with my 3 year old (or nearly 3..) She seemed to just take it as i said and not stress too much about it..

a house in mummys tummy was one of the books - but check your libary there are lots..

one i read was all about sperm - which was a bit graphic - i think it was called 'willy came too ' or soemthing like that lOL

this is my first but had lots of experience explaining things to my niece and nefew who love to know everything lol

my nefew and niece liked to know how every little thing worked so we told them that when 2 people are old enough and love each other the daddy gives the mammy a special gift to make a special seed grow inside her, we said that the seed was always inside his mammy but needed a special food to make it grow which only daddy could give to her. we thing explained that magic turns the seed into a baby that grows strong inside mammy and mammy's belly must grow big before the baby can be born.

My DDs a bit older, so she's asked quite a few probing (excuse the pun!) questions. We've said that Mummy has eggs inside her, like seeds and that when 2 people love each other like Mummy and Daddy do they can have a special cuddle and that sometimes the special cuddle can make the seed start to grow into a baby. Tricky stuff!

I was told the "stork" came. But I didnt have siblings and never saw my mom pregnant so otherwise I probably would have been more curious too. I think I will have a more religious approach to it, and will tell Aaron that mommy that when God sees the mommy and daddy are very much in love and are ready, he will send mommy a little seed and plant it inside her belly to grow a beautiful baby <3

But our son will be raised Catholic, so obviously that wouldnt work for all families.

I showed my daughter a book called The Flip Flap body book which has an entire section on babies - it does not explain how the sperm gets into the mother but because it is so coloured and fun and there is enough detail she never asked.

She did start asking how baby gets out and seemed to figure it out for herself because after taking dolls out of her shirts many times she has suddenly started taking them out of her panties and no one told her anything about that!

Only you know your child and what he is ready and capable of understanding. When my son started asking these questions at age 4, we got into the science of it. How the sperm fertilizes the egg, the cells splitting, etc. My daughter was different. When she asked at 3 1/2 we told her it was love between two grown ups that was like a special hug but closer. That did it for her for about 4 more years!

I should add that we should have specified between a grown up man and a grown up woman- she did ask why Auntie Craig and his hubby wubby didn't give each other a special hug and have a baby- brought down the house at Thanksgiving! :rofl:

I tell my 3 year old the truth, I will give her as much information as she asks for! My mom did that with us and none of us were scarred, in fact we have all been grateful that she was so frank with us (she's a nurse and mom to 5 kids).
I have a co-worker who is 24, and she, her siblings and cousins were never told anything about sex or babies EVER!!! She said it was an Irish Catholic thing, but I wouldn't know being a silly pagan American.

when i was little i always remember being told there was an egg from mummy and a seed from daddy- i imagined them doing cooking together in a bowl with food :haha:
never questioned it any further than that really

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"