How to explain to an unborn baby...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by cowboys angel, Jan 31, 2011.

1. cowboys angel

cowboys angel new mama & wife and ttc#2

How do I explain to this child that it is NOT time to come out yet???

I keep reading all these threads posted by women who are overdue...I seem to be having the exact opposite problem...

I have had true labor, false labor, and then last night started cramping and she shoved her head wayyyyy down.... The cramps stopped and she's shifted back up again, but my goodness...

What's really sad is that my doctor pretty much told me "I just want you to make it to 30 weeks."

I'm 28 weeks plus 5 days...

I am SOOO not ready for this...

2. MeAndMyShadow

MeAndMyShadow Mommy To Zachary And Sean

3. cowboys angel

Thanks...

I would not trade this little princess for the world, I am so excited to have her. After being told I wouldn't have kids, I am thrilled to be pregnant, even with a problem pregnancy. I'm just definitely not ready to have her. She needs to stay put for a while...

What's crazy is I haven't been put on bedrest yet...or any sort of restrictions...so I'm never sure if I should or should not be doing something to help her stay...

4. alynn6758

alynn6758 Well-Known Member

The should have put you on some kind of best rest at least...I hope she stays put hun...I know I wouldn't have been ready if any of mine including this one, had come that early...I'm still not fully ready yet...I hope you make it as long as you can hun big :hugs:

5. LucBumpy10

LucBumpy10 Well-Known Member

Can't believe they've not signed you off work or told to you to rest. My doctor has told me to take 5 days off because my iron levels are really low!!! I would rest as much as you can but try not to panic or stress!!!
    Big hugs x

6. cowboys angel

Yeah, I rest a lot, either at home or at my friend Kee's house. She's also pregnant, but barely, and it gives me someone to talk to while OH is at work.

I still go to 'work' from 8-4 every day...soon to be 6-4.... (6-8 will be my real job. the other is just a program for pregnant women in my state to give us some extra money. i just sit at a computer or watch pregnancy videos all day)

Everyone keeps telling me i should be on bed rest, and every time i start having issues, i.e. 1) threatened miscarriage 2) labor 3) false labor, they go 'oh you'll be put on bedrest now...' but my OB won't put me on it. Part of me is glad, I'd go crazy! But the other part of me is just so worried about keeping this baby. I know if she came now she'd have really good odds, but 'really good odds' is not the same as 'healthy' or 'ready' so...

7. whoops

whoops Just me and my LO

:hugs:

Hope everything goes alright for you over the next few weeks - I'd ask your OB about bedrest again, but sure, if he/she doesn't want to put you on it, maybe it's best.

8. cowboys angel

Yeah. I'm kinda glad as of right now. The snow and ice freaks me out though lol, slipping and falling was the cause of my true labor.

I really hope all goes well too. This is my third, and possibly, last baby, and the only one I can hold and love here on earth. So I am really rooting for this one. Being as I'm 29 weeks though, I'm not concerned about losing her now. Just about her health, and the fact that the nearest hospital is a couple cities over...lol

9. cowboys angel

Hugs to you all, sorry, I wasn't ignoring, just distracted

10. MissGx

MissGx Well-Known Member

Aww! Hang up in there for mummy LO! Rest loads and put your feet up! :hugs:

11. cowboys angel

Thanks everyone. How come I don't get fun smilies?? lol. :(

Would the proximity of my last miscarriage versus this pregnancy have anything to do with all the issues? I mean I was told I would likely never have a child after my first miscarriage, then i miscarried again, almost 8 months ago. I am 7 months pregnant.

12. AP

AP Well-Known Member

:hugs: hun, they are so difficult to read.

13. cowboys angel

oh okay. it's not just me being slow then. lol

14. Rockell8788

Rockell8788 Well-Known Member

Oh hun I know how you feel my little man tried coming at 30weeks Thankfully they stopped it and said they had serious doubts I would make it past 32 weeks. I was in such a panic that he would come any day but here I am at 37 weeks feeling so ready now as I had prepared myself for him being early. Fingers crossed your lo decides to fool everyone like mine and stay put

15. cowboys angel

I'm really hoping so. My doc told me she just wanted me to hit 30-32 weeks and then she was just going to let her come out. I'm like O_O NOOOOO!

Really really hoping we make it full term...Or at least past 35 weeks...

16. Sab4kids

Sab4kids Well-Known Member

Good luck to you and your babe! REST REST REST as much as posiible. Have they given you steriods for the babies lung development?

17. cowboys angel

No they haven't given me anything. Apparently we're just kinda winging it and hoping she doesn't try to come out too soon.