How to find time/motivation?

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
I have put on 20lbs since I stopped breast feeding, I am basically back to 18 stone and HATE it :cry:

I cant seem to find the time or the motivation though to do anything about it. I cant do anything when the kids are awake as they interfere or just generally get in the way - I have a cross trainer and DS screams when I go on it, and DD tries to join in!

When they are quiet I am tidying.

I think I am going to have to go with serious food reduction but really my life is so shit at the moment - no money, social life, time to myself - and its going to get worse when I go back to work fitting tidying and just life around a 50 hour working week.
My leg is still swollen and sore from the DVT, so 30 mins is the max time I can walk before my knee and leg swell up, just 2 days of walking about and my calf is solid and I can hardly bend down.

I was planning on using the cross trainer once I am done at night but getting home at 5:30/6pm and kids in bed by 8, laundry etc done by 9, I would do it then before my shower and bed. I just have a feeling since I will be getting up about 5/5:30am I am going to be so knackered :(, and lack of sleep is something that also makes me gain weight big time.

Problem is that food is the only thing that actually gives me any pleasure.......everything else just gives me hassle, noise, shit and stress :(

The problem is that it's hard to stay motivated. The best thing you can do is find someone to work out with and you keep eachother accountable.

If food is what gives you pleasure then you cook just cut down on calories. I have both the hairy dieter cookbooks and they are great. They have ideas for breakfast lunch dinner and snacks and all low calories and really tasty. I prefer the second book but both i use at least 2-3 times a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->