How to get orange sick out a cream carpet?! Help :(

babypowder

Reaction score
Hello!

My LO was poorly last night and projectile vomited his orange tea over our long pile cream (new...) rug. Firstly, I know, a cream rug with a baby, bad idea.

Secondly, how do I get it out?! I have rubbed it which I now understand I shouldn't have...and used Sainsburys carpet stain remover and Vanish power shot but neither have worked :( x

Try using a fairly strong solution of Bio washing powder/liquid in water as hot as you can stand with your hands ... the enzymes in it should help to break down the stain and make it easier to sponge out. Be generous with it and leave it to soak in for about half an hour, then blot it up with a clean thick cloth rather than rubbing and repeat :thumbup:

Vanish and carpet cleaner work in different ways so aren't so effective.

I just bought a cream carpet and the woman in the shop told me mix 1 part bleach with 5 parts water to remove stains (test on small area first just in case) but you are meant to leave the stain till dry so it doesnt spread.

Have you tried Fairy Washing-Up liquid? Sounds stupid, but I have found this the best thing to get poo stains out of my lo's vests when she suffers a nappy explosion. I appreciate sick and poo are different but this might be worth a shot. Good luck.

Thank you! I think we'll start with Ariel stain removing washing powder seeing as that has one a damn good job on the clothes with sick on them! Then fairy (as ours is pink?!) and then bleach. Tried vanish. My husband keeps looking at it and saying useful things like "oh god, it's ruined" in a melodramatic way. That's not going to get the stain out sunshine! ;) x

Bicarbonate of soda solution! I use it for everything - cleaning burnt its out of pots and pans, stains, dried in gunk on the worksurfaces...

worst comes to worst. You will have to dye the carpet orange. Was very popular in the 1970's!

the vanish spray has got loads out of my cream carpet including orange sick, bbq sauce, have to do it a few times though.

worst comes to worst. You will have to dye the carpet orange. Was very popular in the 1970's!

Ha ha! Didn't come to that, thankfully! If it's of any use, then Vanish failed, Sainsburys carper cleaner failed, however Aerial Stain Removing Powder diluted with warm water did the trick nicely! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->