How to help with sitting up?

leannehurren

Reaction score
Wondered what people do to help their lo to learn to sit up.

Caleb is almost 6 months and is nearly there - he has even started trying to bum shuffle! We have a nest / play ring and practice with him sitting on our laps. Just wondered about sitting him on floor with cushions around - just worried he'll topple over and hurt himself!

I put my LO on a blanket sat in a bobby pillow with a pillow either side of her. There have been occasions where she will go over and fall on the floor even though the pillows are all surrounding her. She just looks up and laughs.
I think it's a learning process. In time she will think, if I go that way that happened last time so I won't do that again. :)

Nothing. He figured it out on his own at 10 months when he wanted to get down from standing. (He never wanted to sit, so I didn't force the issue. He was too busy crawling.)

At about 5 months when they've started to develop the muscles from sitting on our laps, I then sit them between my legs on the floor. Once they are able to sit up for a second or two I put pillows all around and keep sitting them back up when they fall. Personally I think it's important to let them practice if they want to, as my SIL was always too scared of them hurting themselves so hers have been really late sitters (1 year plus).

Nothing. He figured it out on his own at 10 months when he wanted to get down from standing. (He never wanted to sit, so I didn't force the issue. He was too busy crawling.)

Exactly the same here except she did it at 8 months (was crawling at 6).

Exactly the same here except she did it at 8 months (was crawling at 6).

Gabriel was crawling at 6 months too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"