How to keep duvet on him??

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by Chocoholic123, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Chocoholic123

Chocoholic123 Well-Known Member

LO is now in his big boy bed with a duvet and pillow, has been for a couple of months now and he sleeps well, the only problem is getting him to keep the duvet on at night! He goes to sleep with his head on the pillow and the duvet over him but the time we go to bed he's wriggled around so he's further over the bed not on the pillow and with the duvet kicked down by his feet! We recover him but if we get up to him in the night he's got it off again! I don't think he's too hot, he just moves around too much and automatically kicks it off. Its not too much of a problem at the moment as the weather is mild and we've got him in fleecy pyjamas and socks but I'm thinking when it gets really cold if he keeps on like this he will freeze!

Anyone got any tips?!

2. kmumtobe

kmumtobe Mummy to 2

3. annanouska

annanouska Well-Known Member

That's ingenious! I want one for myself :haha:

My low would still hate it as he fidgets a lot and sleeps on his belly with bum in air and knees under him :dohh:

We have twinkle togs for this winter x

Oh...my lo takes his billow as he ,goes around, it's funny he's asleep then stirs and shuffles pillow with h. Still asleepm:haha:

4. Chocoholic123

Thanks! Looks good and great price, will get some of those and see how we get on! :)

5. chipsticks

chipsticks Well-Known Member

Wow!! Was gonna suggest warmer pjs and leave him be....but now I'll be buying duvet clips for when mines older!!

6. lindseymw

lindseymw Mother of two boys

Wrap the duvet around him then secure with duct tape?

I've been debating what to do with Jacob....he moves around the entire bed in his sleep.

7. Clara85

Clara85 Well-Known Member

Check the gro company website or eBay for the zip in duvet , best thing I've bought :)

8. suzib76

suzib76 Well-Known Member

Use a single duvet and put it on sideways

9. ronnie1234

ronnie1234 One child aged five

Those clips look fab

10. Chocoholic123

My duvet clips just got delivered, excited to try them out tonight, will let you know how we get on!

11. lau86

lau86 Well-Known Member

I've not tried the duvet clips but my Lo has a padded sleeping bag with legs so he can move around, then it won't matter if he kicks the duvet off

12. HelenJane

HelenJane Well-Known Member

So whats the verdict on the first night with the duvet clips?

13. Chocoholic123

I'm sorry to say the clips didn't work for us! :( LO still managed to somehow push the duvet down, I went in at 4am and he was lying on top of the duvet with his feet on the pillow and head at the other end! I don't know how he does it! Looking for any other suggestions!

14. kmumtobe

kmumtobe Mummy to 2

Aw no :( Have you knotted the elastic underneath the mattress to make sure it's taught enough that the duvet doesn't stretch down? And make sure the clips are high enough up. It took us a few nights of playing around with them. There's so many good reviews of them on there I hope you find a way of using them that works for your lo fx.

15. Chocoholic123

Yeah I know there are lots of good reviews so I was hopeful! DH did it and he made sure he got it as tight as he could but only the tip of the duvet fits into the clip then it seems a bit baggy over LO but DH couldn't get it any other way. Maybe we'll try again!