How to keep nausea away..

sealove00

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I know nausea is very common during the first trimester and how difficult the feeling is. I'm not going through this now but I feel the need to share my experience on how I'm dealing with it, so I can help other people out.

I try eating every hour or two (nuts, fruits, or other healthy snacks). Also, I drink water with every snack. I'm in my 7th week and I felt strong nausea and sickness during my 5th and 6th week. However, after speaking to my midwife I was advice to keep eating small items every 1 to 2 hours to keep the feeling away. The more hungry you feel the more nauseous you'll get it. It's best to keep your stomach full at all times. Wherever you go, take a snack with you so you can maintain your energy level and avoid feeling nauseous. This is my 7th week and I'm feeling great with eating frequently. Touch wood, I have not felt nauseous at all this week. Try it out and see if it works.

I really felt the need to share this so I thought I can help other women out. Good luck and god bless you.

If that doesnt work and you cant keep water down you should see a gp for meds before you need a hospital visit for iv fluids. :)

that's a great idea. My major problem is that I have nausea right away when I wake up, do you have any idea for that?

I had the same issue a few weeks ago, it comes and goes now. You have the right idea keep eating. I find that peppermint helps me. And I keep a pack of cookies next to my bed and even just one cookie really helps. They sell something called sea bands in the pharmacy. Try using that. My friend used it and it worked well on her. I also tried and it worked almost immediately but for some reason it gave me a headache instead so I stopped.

that's a great idea. My major problem is that I have nausea right away when I wake up, do you have any idea for that?

I keep a little bag full of dry cereal and crackers next to the bed. First thing I do before I get up (even before I go to the bathroom!) I eat some. If I don't, I'll end up dry heaving as soon as I get to the bathroom.

Eating all day long really does help, if I start getting hungry the nausea becomes sooooo much worse! Hmm peppermint sounds nice, I might look into that. I also find lying around doing nothing makes me feel awful, but getting outside going for a walk makes me feel much better.

Peppermint oil is my best friend! Dab some on my wrist and put a few drops in a warm bath when it gets really bad

I keep a little bag full of dry cereal and crackers next to the bed. First thing I do before I get up (even before I go to the bathroom!) I eat some. If I don't, I'll end up dry heaving as soon as I get to the bathroom.

Awesome, I'll try it! Thanks!

My doctor also suggested Sea Bands to me. I had them to combat seasickness on my cruise, and they really helped, but I never thought about using them for morning sickness. They're these little bands with plastic nubs in them that put pressure on a pressure point in your wrist that relieves nausea. I'll have to try to find mine!

Tbh my morning sickness feels a lot like motion sickness, infact it gets a lot worse in the car. I haven't tried sea bands but they sound good. Other tips I've heard is eat little and often, ginger things such as ginger tea/ biscuits, rest and keep hydrated.
My ms is strange, sometimes it's brought on by eating sometimes it's relieved by eating. I'm struggling to eat healthily although I craved some tomato soup today so I made a nice home made one with lentils in and that was really good.

The only thing about sea bands are... Don't people know you're wearing them? Eg if you're wearing short sleeves?

My nausea is only early in the morning and usually subsides by the time I leave for work, so seabands would work for me. Not sure how it might work for someone who would need them to be out and about during the day, though. After our cruise, I had "land sickness" for a few days and had to wear them pretty much constantly - they just look like sweatbands. Unless someone specifically knows they're sea bands, they probably won't figure it out.

I totally agree with that advice, I can feel that it's true. My nausea tends to feel more like heartburn, and if I don't eat right when I notice I am hungry, I start feeling woozy and the nausea/heartburn sets in really quickly.

I also eat every couple of hours. I found that eating a protein and carb right before bed (I have cottage cheese with fruit in it) helps a lot with nausea the next morning but I also keep a granola bar next to the bed and eat that before I get up.

The BEST thing I ever learned about morning sickness is how it responds to vitamin B6. We do not store this vitamin so you must eat it throughout the day to have full benefits. Avocado, pistachios, potatoes or sweet potatoes, carrot juice and prunes are foods high in B6. Some meats as well, but I could not handle meat during the nauseated times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->