How to maintain weight in and after Pregnancy

shivangi1210

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

This question is basically for experienced mommas.
Normally after giving birth lots of women gains weight, I want to avoid this.
So can you give me some suggestions, What did you do in your pregnancy and after pregnancy to get your shape back.
Do I need to increase my excercise, change my food habits so that weight lose after giving birth will be bit easier.

I can tell you what NOT to do like I did heh.. don't ever let anybody tell you "go ahead, you're eating for two", and find something healthier to satisfy your cravings.. personally I've been told "if you want chocolate have a piece of fruit" and for me that would never ever work because it's just not the same...so more realistically, maybe have some yogurt raisins or the skinny cow brand, but dont over indulge. Definitely keep active and walk almost/every day. Best of luck!
Unfortunately for me I gained 100lbs when pregnant with my son from over indulging, and i couldnt work most of it off. My doctor told me for some people the hormones just change your body chemistry so I would suggest just not gaining it in the first place :) I am prone to being heavier as it is but when I got pregnant I was at the ideal weight for my height.

I can tell you what NOT to do like I did heh.. don't ever let anybody tell you "go ahead, you're eating for two", and find something healthier to satisfy your cravings.. personally I've been told "if you want chocolate have a piece of fruit" and for me that would never ever work because it's just not the same...so more realistically, maybe have some yogurt raisins or the skinny cow brand, but dont over indulge. Definitely keep active and walk almost/every day. Best of luck!
Unfortunately for me I gained 100lbs when pregnant with my son from over indulging, and i couldnt work most of it off. My doctor told me for some people the hormones just change your body chemistry so I would suggest just not gaining it in the first place :) I am prone to being heavier as it is but when I got pregnant I was at the ideal weight for my height.

Hey,

I think that's the most difficult part that you are craving for chocolate and eat fruit to satisfy your craving :haha:
Anyways that's a good advice. Right now only 4w+3d preggo so not craving for anything but i'll try to eat healthy.
I also think that eating for two in pregnancy is not done.
As far as exercise is concerned i'm so tired by EOD, I don't think that will be practically possible until and unless I keep a Cook, so that i can exercise in the time which i use for Cooking breakfast and dinner.

I'm exhausted right now too, the first trimester personally I think is the most difficult, just walk if you have the option for now and by second trimester you should feel much more energetic and be feeling better all around. We don't typically gain weight in first tri anyway

I gained about a stone during pregnancy which i lost using weight watchers by the time he was 9 months old. I was very lucky I escaped stretchmarks and my flat tum returned but your body shape may well change. Im 7weeks pregnant again now and already feel ive gained a few pounds as ive been craving carbs to dull the nausea and gone off fruit!
I think as long as youre sensible you can deal with a few extra pounds after as long as you have a healthy baby. Good luck and congrats xx

After I had Poppy I had gained a couple of stone. I usually get a sweet tooth when pregnant so it's dangerous! I joined slimming world last May and have lost 3 stone. You can actually do slimming world when pregnant with your midwifes authorisation.

This is my first pregnancy and I'm really conscious that I want to gain as little weight as possible during these 9 months.. I'd be disappointed if I gained more than 20lbs.. During the first few weeks of this pregnancy I actually lost 5lbs because I was eating so healthily (chicken and brown rice with broccoli, etc) but since I've been feeling nauseous I've been really fussy about what food I want to eat and feel bad because all I seem to want is stodgy, carby, sugary things :( it's kind of stressing me out..

I'm 7w with my first, so no advice to offer. I can tell you I did really well until until about 6w4 when "morning" (all. freakin'. day.) sickness hit and I'm doing well if I can eat anything at all. Everything but carby things (specifically crackers) make me SOOO sick. I'm prone to easy weight gain, so trying to eat as healthy as possible and take the dogs on a walk every day, but this nausea is killing me. Hoping it'll be easier in the second tri, which is when you really have to start watching your gain anyways.

As long as I'm not a high risk pregnancy, I stay active my entire pregnancy. I go to the gym, go for walks, work out on the treadmill, elliptical, and stationary bike. I also take yoga classes. I go gentle on the strength training, but still work my arms, legs, butt, thighs, and core. The more you stay active during pregnancy, the more likely you are to not gain as much weight, you bounce back quickly after birth, and there's a good chance you will have a smoother labor and birth as well.

I mostly drink only water, milk, and some orange juice during pregnancy. I almost never eat out, and never go to fast food restaurants. I make all my meals at home, I buy healthy snacks, and get rid of all the junk in my house so I'm not even tempted to eat badly. My favorite snacks are nuts, carrot sticks with balsamic vinegar, and Yoplait 100 calories greek yogurt. If I ever do have a craving for chocolate, I get chocolate such as skinny cow, and the same for ice cream, I go for low cal, low sugar, or just get some italian ice instead.

Try to stay active and eat healthy during pregnancy, afterwards, you do need to take it easy for a little bit but after about a week or so, start off slow with walking and then move to some light weights and up your walking time-most midwives will tell you you're not really eating for two until you've had the baby and are breastfeeding, even then you don't need to up your calorie intake a lot but you definitely need to up it a little and stay hydrated!

Hi, I have a 1 year old and I'm actually down 25 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. Instead of trying to fit in exercise around baby, I've found having a baby in itself can be great exercise if you let it! I babywear, and walk to our baby groups. Also rocking the baby to sleep and carrying the baby around the house are also good exercise. (She has often taken naps while on me as well.) Also breastfeeding can help you lose weight.

With my first I gained 37 lbs. I did a lot of walking during my pregnancy, but what really helped me loose the weight afterwards was breastfeeding! I try to eat whole foods, not too much processed stuff, and I try to avoid low-fat products and sugar. "Try" is the operative word there, everything in moderation. I'm starting out at 133 lbs this time, so we'll see how much I gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->