how to make baby move position for scan?

JZW

Mummy to Evie <3 & NTNP
Reaction score
We went for a private gender scan at 16weeks. Baby refused to show her face- we didn't get our free 4D pic :( I tried jumping, emptying bladder and the sonographer was prodding me with the wand so hard I'm sure I had bruises afterwards.

We went for the 20 week anomaly scan at 20 weeks. AGAIN baby refused to show her face so the sonographer couldn't check her face and lips. I tried jumping, wriggling my belly (very undignified- lucky I've been with hubby for ages otherwise I would be sooo embarrassed!), emptying bladder. She even sent me away to get a cold fizzy drink and something to eat. After a bottle of lucozade and a bar of chocolate she was going nuts in there thrashing and kicking, but still hid her face from us :cry:

I think she has found a nice snuggly place and is refusing to budge. We have a re-scan this afternoon and I'm really hoping she has moved so that we can see her face, but if she hasn't does anyone have any good suggestions on how we can get her to change her position? It feels like we've tried absolutely everything but she just seems so stubborn! (must get it from me! :haha: )

Oh little minx!! Hopefully it will be ok today
I think u ve almost tried everything bless

Good luck x

My little man was hiding and they got me to lay on my side and he didn't like that at all and he moved thank god!! good luck for your next scan xx

My baby was lying face down at our scan yesterday. They made me go for a walk for half an hour and drink something sweet. That did the trick. Maybe bouncing up and down isn't enough and you need more sustained movement like going for a walk?

Sometimes I find if I lie on my back for a few minutes and then roll over onto my side I can feel the baby changing position to get comfy again. I'm sure you probably tried that but it's all I can think of.

Thanks ladies! I'll try the moving while lying down and then walking around if she hides again.

i can get my lo to move by drinking super cold water. if not that i eat sweets and she Does flips

i found that jumping about ect does not make baby move.

This is what worked for me, i drank cold water then went to my car where it was nice and quiet lay my seat back and relaxed. Baby was soon moving about.

Writing these all down now! I hope she just behaves herself tbh!

I had the opposite problem - baby didn't stop moving at the anomoly scan so they struggled to get all the measurements! All I had was sugar free juice. A friend suggested Skittles or Starburst sweets as a sugar boost to get it moving - which worked after a few hours of me panicing due to no movement!

from personal experience eating grapes works!! i've also heard that drinking OJ before the scan makes them very active, although i've not tried this one xx

She's still got her head down in my pelvic area :( they couldn't scan her face again :cry: I need to go for ANOTHER re-scan. I tried everything including rolling around from one side to another, drinking a really cold can of fizzy orange :( nothing works. They are going to give up if she still doesn't cooperate for the last scan

At my 20 week scan baby was lying face down and the sonographer grabbed my belly with both hands and started shaking it wildly lol it hurt a bit though so wouldn't recommend it!

Worth a shot is getting on your hands and knees and rocking. Without going into too much detail, I managed to make LO squirm round after me and OH had sex in that position, it turned him sideways for a day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->