How to make first trimester go by quicker?! :D

tcinks

Reaction score
I'm 5 weeks today and already feel like this pregnancy is dragging on. :haha: I'm trying to enjoy the fact that I'm pregnant...but also just want to fast forward to the end. :rofl: What are some things you ladies do that make the 1st tri not seem like it goes on forever? DH says just to try not to think about it, yeah right!

well I just set little goals each week or use events to pass time. For example, next week it's OH birthday on Tuesday, the following week I have my private early scan, week after dress shopping for friends wedding, then my 10 week scan, then my friends wedding week after that... set little time line events and it flies :thumbup: after all that I'll be nearly 12 weeks... almost done :happydance:

Great question, I wish I knew the answer myself :) I think one thing that helped was taking a week off from work and going for hikes on my 7th week. That was probably one of my worst MS weeks and I am so glad I chose that week for a mini-vacation cuz I don't know how I would've gotten through with it. DH took it off too and we just went on short excursions everyday and getting some fresh air and new scenery helps your mind zone out and time will pass a little faster. The fresh air and exercise also helped with the nausea.

Or you should plan "fun" things for the weekend so at least you can go through the week with something to look forward to every weekend. I find that when my nausea was bad and I couldn't think about anything else, just writing down how I felt either in an email or a blog actually helped. I also picked up things like crocheting so I could do something relatively mindless with my hands.

Good luck, I'm almost through and I'm still asking "are we there yet?"

I am 5+4 atm and for me the weekdays are not as bad because I am busy with work. Its the weekends that tend to drag.. so I plan ahead and keep my weekends full of activities like, hanging with fam and friend and chores and throw in a cpl movies...plus the fact that I am always up for a nap helps the hours pass by as well!

I like to pass time with weekly events to plan/look forward to, like Jemma Louise said!

I am currently waiting for my new insurance card & when that arrives - in the next week, I'll make my first appointment - where I will get a scan!! (I'm 6+4 today)
We have Spring Break next week (ugh, when we'll do all the kids dentists & dr appts, but we will do some fun stuff too!)
then a big international soccer event, lasting 9 days, the following week,
followed by my daughters second birthday, on Easter Sunday. Family will be in & out over the next several weeks for all the excitement!

So the next 3 weeks are covered, and I'll probably need a week to recover afterwards lol :)

I'm looking to milestones. I'm nervous about this pregnancy for some reason. Maybe bc they gave me a scan and only the corpus leuteum cyst was visible. No sac or anything. Granted I'm early on but still. Soooooooo I'm thinking like I'm not pregnant. My daughters first Easter is this month and her 1st birthday is next month. Also busy with work.

Ladies! I remember being here feels like yesterday!! I was suffering with HG and couldn't wait to get out of 1st trimester ( which is absolute hell, not gonna lie). I set small weekly milestones. My first was to get to 8 weeks, then 10 then 12 :)

It will pass faster than you think and you'll blink and be in third trimester. However just know that once you get out of first, everything else is a breeze....

Im also looking out for events ...

Easter weekend, next weekend is also a long weekend in SA ... my assignments are due end of March then I have my 12 week scan 4 April ... so all of this will happen in the next 4 weeks ...

Im looking forward to second trimester ... almost there

Thanks for all the responses ladies. Glad I'm not the only one. :) The only milestone I can really think of is my first scan next week. Hmmmm maybe I should plan some little activities....

I think you should ...

with my DD life wasn't as busy as it is now and that pregnancy took forever I used to even google for eg symptoms for 8w3d and compare LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->