How to make him take his naps?

purapura

Reaction score
Help! My boy turned from a baby that naps 4-5 hours a day (happily) to a "napping monster". How can I establish a napping rutine with him? He naps on me, which going to change this week (hopefully). It took me 1.5 hours today to make him nap for 1 hour!!! He will not sleep in his baggy more then 30 min, so it's out of the question... Any advice will be very apriciated. Thanks

Hello,
I need an answer to this too! :)
Everyday is a battle. He gets so tired he'll be crying his eyes out but just wont give in to it!
:hugs:

I need help with this too! Most days takes me an hour to get my lo to have a 30min nap. Stopped napping in the afternoon so most of the time goes 5 hours before bed without a nap, gets so wingy im knackered by the time my husband gets in trying to keep her happy. Won't even sleep on me. Only way lately can get her to have a good sleep is to take her out in buggy then when get back I can take her coat off and she'll stay asleep!! xx

My lo won't nap either, she'll only sleep in her swing or if we go for a walk or drive, I'd love to be able to just put her in her cot or Moses basket for maps at set times!

I need help to and the fact everyone else does makes me think it's not at all easy! Some of my friends babies nap and to be honest they don't hve a magic answer I think it's just what their babies do...

There must be something... A routine? A method...
I think my boy might be confused about when he suppose to sleep as there is no current time he naps...

I had problems getting my lo to sleep in the afternoon, but he would always go down okay in the morning. What i did when putting him down for morning nap was to play him music on his monitor swaddle him and rock him to sleep. As he was happy to sleep at this time he would be asleep in minutes. I then used the same method in the afternoon. First few days it was still a battle but now he Will be asleep in ten minutes and normally sleeps for an hour! Perhaps something like this would help?! x

I've just be held hostage in my hours for 5 days establishing a routine.. First day took aaaaaaages to get her to sleep but now she just whinges then falls asleep. I Swaddle, mobile, rock to sleep/drowsy then put her down in her cot. Once she's down I don't pick her up, just pat her bum say it's beddybyes (word association) and finally she sleeps in her cot :) xx

I was thinking of swaddling, but he hates when he can't move his arms, and he sleeps on belly... So no swaddling. I think a melody will do... But not sure which...

I've recently started feeding LO one downstairs the as soon as I see him getting sleepy rocking him as I walk up the stairs, putting him in his Moses baskets and putting my pj top or night dress that I wore the night before on him. That seems to be working for a morning nap.

You need to start reading the signs of when your lo is tired as once it goes past that they ge over tired an then your fighting a loosing battle. I know that 2 hours after my lo has woken up she needs to be going back to sleep again. If I miss it she's a nightmare!

I have quite a strict routine for my lo with regards to napping times etc and it's the same times everyday. Obviously she didn't just go into it easily so in order to establish it in the first place I had to put in hard work (and still do) so I would take he out in the car to get her to sleep at the right times an then she learnt that it was nap time and will now go down at home in her bedroom at the right time! If she starts not to nap again I'll either take her out in the car or in the pram to get her to sleep. This may take a few days but she gets it again!

Hope this helps!

Chinese instrumental gets my boy to sleep...that's his cue...n ofcoutse rocking...

I'm having the same problem and just bought Elizabeth Pantley No Cry Nap Solution out of desperation. It seems like methods I would agree with, so I'm going to try and make up a nap routine from that.

I have been trying to do the music assossietion for the last 2 days, and he dies fall asleep, but will stay asleep only for 30-40 min at a time :(
I have the "no cry sleep solusion" but to be honest I didn't really use it... He does not fall asleep on the bottle, but will not go down withought his dammy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->