How to NOT GIVE UP?

littlegirl87

Mother of 1 little girl
Reaction score
I am expecting AF any moment now and that will complete my 12th cycle of TTC.

Upon entering my 13th cycle I absolutely feel like giving up.

I know there are a lot of you out there who have been doing this for a very long time and have continued on and I cant tell you how much respect I have for you because of that!

I started this thread in hopes that people might be able to share their stories of when they wanted to give up and what they did to continue on? And maybe even throw some happy endings in there?! Just anything that you can think of that would motivate those of us who are ready to give up into trying to carry on!

I appreciate anyone who shares as I know this journey is a difficult one for you! :hugs: Maybe together we can some how make it?

Sorry you're feeling discouraged. I know how you feel. We were trying for 12 months and on the 13th month I was so over it. I barely temped, didn't symptom spot, and didn't take a hpt till 15dpo. And it was a bfp! So maybe month 13 will be your lucky month too!! Wishing you luck and lots of baby dust :)

I too am sorry your feeling so discouraged. It took me 12 cycles to get BFP with my youngest child as it took a while we decided to try straight away for a sibling. Currently on 11th cycle and already feeling it. However I am very lucky to have oscar. Everyone around me is pregnant too.
I'm looking forward to ready and sharing experiences on her. Strength in numbers :) x

Hey Hun, I'm pretty much feeling the same as you, I'm on my 13th cycle and find out sat if I'll be going on to my 14th everyone around me is pregnant too or just had babies it's so hard and at times I do feel like giving up, but the thought of hopefully itl be me waddling around and having that very much wanted baby keeps me going,

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/246197//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Thank you ladies for sharing! I am hoping maybe 13 will be my lucky cycle as well! Of course as always only time will tell! Just knowing it is a possibility makes me feel better already!

Thank you both so much for being the first to share! Hopefully this thread gets really busy with a lot of great stories!

:thumbup:

:dust: to all!

I know how you feel. We were trying for 3 years before I finally got pregnant with DD.
Had multiple chemical pregnancies that would put me on cloud 9 only to end in heartbreak.
Even more difficult when your body refuses to work properly so you have to rely on expensive drugs to even ovulate.
In the end though, after my 4th long drawn out chemical, I had a natural cycle and that's when we conceived our DD.

Can't really tell you how to not give up. You just have to dig deep within yourself and find the strength to carry on with it if you choose. Or find the strength to stop if that's the road to be taken.

Thank you all!

Its funny for me ladies because I am a pediatric nurse so although I would love to have a baby more than anything I do get my fix on holding them and loving them. The part that I want more than anything is to have the opportunity to be pregnant! I cant wait to feel my little one moving around inside me! That will be the best day of my life and I think that is what keeps me going....AF is now here in full force and I very strongly dislike her, but at least its another chance at another cycle to try I suppose

cycle 13 I have arrived!

I can totally relate to this. Each cycle will be a complete meltdown for me. Went bezerk and hysterical just cos I "think" I couldn't take it anymore. I was bitter and depressed. The funny thing is each time I tell myself "That's it. I'am done. No more" I find myself symptom spotting and making sure me and DH BD on the the right days.

I do not have any magic words to tell you on what to do or feel exactly, but I did alot of prayers and got my bfp this cycle.

Also, maybe....just maybe....COQ10 might help. I think it did for me.

All the best hun

Hiya hun, have you had any general tests carried out to make sure that everything is working as it should be?

we were trying for 10 months and decided to get tests done due to falling pregnant so quickly twice before and it turned out that my OH has infertility issues

xx

I am expecting AF any moment now and that will complete my 12th cycle of TTC.

Upon entering my 13th cycle I absolutely feel like giving up.

I know there are a lot of you out there who have been doing this for a very long time and have continued on and I cant tell you how much respect I have for you because of that!

I started this thread in hopes that people might be able to share their stories of when they wanted to give up and what they did to continue on? And maybe even throw some happy endings in there?! Just anything that you can think of that would motivate those of us who are ready to give up into trying to carry on!

I appreciate anyone who shares as I know this journey is a difficult one for you! :hugs: Maybe together we can some how make it?

Im sorry hun :-\. I know exactly how u feel. I almost gave up as well. I was about to hit cycle 11 and then on March 31st, I found out my only tube is blocked :'-( BUT I'm still here, cycle #13, and I got through it all from the amazing ladies help on my thread on here. I also know inside, WE WILL get our baby! I know it! Whether we have to raise money for IVF or a miracle happens, we WILL get our sticky bean! Have u ever been for an HSG? Alot of times women will have issues getting pregnant and then they'll go for an HSG and get pregnant really fast (alot of times). As long as there's no bad blockages, (like I had, but was expected from a past infect) The dye from the hsg will usually "clear out the Cobb webs" or so to speak. Alot of women will get fluid build up and such in their tubes and this fluid can kill sperm instantly and make it hard for the egg to pass through. If u haven't had this done yet, id DEF ask ur doc about it. My doc said of women with unexplained infertility (not pg by 1yr for no apparent reason) 60% of these women end up pregnant after an hsg because of a small blockage the dye pushed through or as I said fluid. I get through cycle after cycle by "making a plan" for the next cycle. Even now that I know I can't get pregnant, I'm working on an IVF fund but I'm also taking enzymes for scar tissue damage praying it'll unblock my tube (FX!!) and I still plan everything I can that way I KNOW I have a plan if this cycle is a bust, u know? I'm also NTNP right now and decided id do so for a few months so dh and I can tone down on ttc for a bit...that may be what u need. Ur at the same point as me In ttc and it Does get soooo stressful! Try and do something nice for urself and hopefully you'll start to feel better. I always think this way, ive given a total of 2yrs TTC baby #2 (baby #1 for dh) so after all that time of trying, I feel like itd be a waist for me to just give up. Anyways, ur in my prayers and if u ever want to talk u can always msg me! Good luck hun! Def ask about that HSG if u havent had one...i bet ur "pipes could use a cleaning!" lol :) GL!

Thank you ladies!

DH and I are going to see my OB-GYN on June 10th and I am sure we will discuss all of these things! I just really hope he has some answers! We are looking into a lot of things but it will be interesting to see what the doctor suggests! Hopefully our miracle will happen!

I REALLY appreciate everyone sharing their stories and all the support! It is SO helpful to hear what other ladies have been through and how they continue to get through it! And of course we all love hearing the miracle stories for those of us who try for years and then FINALLY they get their :bfp: that gives hope to everyone!

I have my fingers crossed extra tight for u! I bet u'll be making ur bfp announcement in no time! Hopefully the docs can do something to help quickly! :)

I hope so too! and thank you for the encouragement!

Hope everyone is doing well today! I have had the WORST af like ever. Sorry if this is TMI, but its like a LOT of blood? Anyone ever experience this before??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->