How to protect pregnancy at work?

candypanda

Reaction score
Hiya! New here, literally just found out I am pregnant.

I work on a ward, and I was wondering if I'll be OK doing things like changing beds, lifting things etc? If not, do I tell my manager that I am pregnant even though it's a tiny dot at the moment?

I have no idea what I'm doing :wacko: still on cloud 9 a bit too much to think logically!

changing beds should be fine. lifting not so much, with lifting you do need to be careful. because of working on a ward it maybe safer to tell your boss sooner rather then later so they can do a risk assessment and go over the things that are safe for you to do

Your fine to do everything really. The no lifting thing you hear when pregnant is to protect your back as you get a bump

My midwife put me on work restrictions early on, I do inventory (big heavy boxes 50-100lbs and ladders) and they said no more, 10lbs max and no ladders.. my work reluctantly complied (they're not known for their accommodations). I'm not sure why they put me on restrictions, I've been told lifting is okay and also that it's not, but I've had such a rough 1st trimester I'm glad they did. Maybe ask your doctor what they think, but so long as you're not heavily straining it should be fine.

Anything you were lifting before you were pregnant (regularly), you can continue with. So if you regularly pick up 30 pound boxes, you can carefully continue to do so. Just listen to your body. If something doesn't feel right, don't do it anymore.

Congrats!

My midwife put me on work restrictions early on, I do inventory (big heavy boxes 50-100lbs and ladders) and they said no more, 10lbs max and no ladders.. my work reluctantly complied (they're not known for their accommodations). I'm not sure why they put me on restrictions, I've been told lifting is okay and also that it's not, but I've had such a rough 1st trimester I'm glad they did. Maybe ask your doctor what they think, but so long as you're not heavily straining it should be fine.

I think my hand bag weighes more than 10lb :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->