how to rapidly cool?

snowy-willow

Mummy to Ella
Reaction score
I am trying to work out the best way to rapidly cool 5 bottles (usually it is 6) but obviously they just fall over and float. I have just managed to get 5 weighted down under a chopping board but it was hard to get them stood up to do it.

do you just let them float in cold water?

I usually don't have the water deep enough to make them float. Have you tried making the water shallower? :flower:

if it is any shallower the water level isn't over the milk level

I put the bottles in the wasing up bowl and then put the tap on till they are on the verge of tipping overthen turn the water off x

I used to make up 3 at a time, and I had 3 jugs. They can't tip over the same in a jug, although they will float if you put too much water in!

at the moment (I do them at night) they sit on the kitchen window sil with the window open - cool very very quickly...

I put mine in the sink with those plastic reusable ice cubes or icepacks then add water til they wobble, cools them quite quickly then I stick ice cubes/packs back in freezer ready for next day.

I used to add 1 oz of hot water, add all formula to it stir/shake, then top up with pre-boiled cool water. This way your feeds are ready to feed or to go into the fridge immediately

We run them under cold water - wasteful i know but worked a treat x

Hv told me it was fine to put them straight into fridge after making them without rapid cooling, as long as we'd waited 30 mins after boiling kettle before making them up. Lo is 14 weeks and he's fine.

Hv told me it was fine to put them straight into fridge after making them without rapid cooling, as long as we'd waited 30 mins after boiling kettle before making them up. Lo is 14 weeks and he's fine.

in terms of health yes, it would be fine but putting warm stuff in your fridge will mess your fridge up - it will work harder to cool everything down again so the temp can go haywire (frozen salad etc) plus don't let them near any yoghurts / milk / meat x

I put them in the big sauce pan with a little water, not enough to make them float then put loads of ice cubes in the water. Cools a bottle down to drinking temp in 5 mins of so. And I agree I wouldn't put hot things in the fridge, it can mess up the temperature of your fridge and the fridge has to work harder and use more electricity to get the temperature down again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->